Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the light stays on not allowing the auto door lock system to lock the doors??

any thoughts?? popped the hood looking for the fuse box, but no fuse's are labeled!!:angry:

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
There isn't a fuse that affects just the door ajar sensors. Other stuff would be not working as well.

You probably have a latch that got some dirt or something stuck in it. Spray the door latches one by one with WD-40 and see if that helps.

If that doesn't work, the service manual calls for disconnecting each sensor in turn to see if that fixes the problem. Since I don't know where all of the sensors meet up, I would probably have to take all of the doors apart to disconnect the sensor on each latch until you find the problem. (I just did this on my rear hatch for my wagon and now I have Auto Locks again! Kind of troublesome though...)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much time did you waste doing this?? and where are the sensors?? since I'm getting ready to do a speaker up grade I'll do it then..

thanks..:)

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
You'll most likely solve this problem by spraying the door latches with WD-40 and white lithium grease. The sensors are in the door latch.

·
Registered
23,355 Posts
^+1. Just spray ea. latch with wd-40 then spray with white lithium grease. Guaranteed or your money back!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Worked for me also. After car sat in a field with windows open for a few months, I had to do it twice, but it worked!
Love my Taurus!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts