Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I have purchased my car used, it seems that the door ajar light won't go off. Sometimes it will go off for a day or so then it pops back on. Before I caught it, it killed my battery from having the light set to turn on when a door is open, but now I just have it set to off. If there is something simple I can do to clear this up, I would appreciate being able to have a light on when i open my door.

·
Registered
23,581 Posts
Spray ea. door latch (on end of doors) liberally with wd-40, then follow up with white lithium grease spray for long lasting protection.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will give that a shot later tonight. That might also explain why it seems that I can hear wind coming in the car when all the windows are up. I have tried to wipe the sensors themselves with a rag but never thought to do the latches

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
You could not have "wiped the sensors". The door ajar sensors are part of the inner latch assy and you must remove the door panel to access the ajar switches.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wiped what I thought were the sensors on the bottom of the door

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ignore that last post. Maybe I had a dream I wiped the sensors? I saw earlier when I went out that there were no sensors on the door there. I sprayed it with PB blaster and I'll test it out later when I have to run around

·
Registered
23,581 Posts
Pb blaster is pretty harsh on plastics, rubbers and elec. Hope nothing gets damaged. The advice was wd-40 followed by white lithium grease spray. Pb is great on rusty metal, but ive ruined (melted) ceiling fan switches, turn signal switches (by spraying down the hazard switch button with pb), etc. Wish i had read and looked at the pic on the back of the can showing pb eating through the bottom of a styrofoam cup, lol. Same deal with the dpfe and cam synchro. Learn from our mistakes and experiences. Read carefully, and then decide. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far I have not had the door ajar light come on so I'm guessing the PB Blaster worked! Thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts