Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the other day i went to class, I always park at the far, far, far, far end of the parking lot at the college (lots of beaters) it was dark when i finally got out and since my car is black i didnt notice the passanger side from a distance. Went home, the next morning i woke up to my grandma saying some crazy stuff, she came into my room and was sayin "daniel, you know someone scraped your car?" without gettin dressed i ran outside to see a long white scratch from the passanger fender to the passanger rear door. :angryfire: Turns out someone decided when they were backing out of the space next to me to turn into my car, normally you would think that when you hear the scraping you'd stop and pull up but no, they kept scraping and left. I think they paniced and just hit the gas to get away before anyone saw them. Anyways here is a pic that the insurance guy took. est. damage is $1449.00 1000.00 of which i need to pay myself, all paint no dents and the scrapes didnt pass the primer.

If you dont feel like reading the long story, i got hit and the person left without giving insurance, now im out 1000 dollars due to my large deductible.

EDIT: replaced insurance pics with pics from my cellphone after using turtlewax black stuff which helped mask alot of the scratchs. The last pic shows that i was wrong when i said there wasnt any dents, look closely and ull see the reflection is off cus of the dents.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
The bastards! Seriously, WTF, is wrong with people?

I want to kill who ever door slamed the passenger side rear door on my car... Put a crease in it I couldn't get out and had to spend $125 for the Dent Dr. to get it out.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Damn - sorry to hear about that. I kind of know how you're feeling. A few months ago, I stopped at a store. While I was in there, some idiot must have whacked their door into the side of my car and left a big dent. Thankfully no paint was missing. I ended up calling a mobile paintless dent repair company and they came to my house and fixed the car in about an hour. It stinks that you take some people take such good care of their car only to have some careless driver ruin it. You'll have to post pics after you get it fixed!

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Gotta be said man

That'll buff right out

Mike
:buff:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish it would buff out but it went down to the primer in some areas about 50% was just clearcoat damage and 50% was more than clearcoat.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Bummer man :( Good luck getting it repaired.

·
Registered
201 Posts
ouch man sorry about you luck, i work in a call center we park in a parking structure and i can usually find one or two new dings on my old car (Camry - but that was a beaters car )

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Exact same thing happened to my car last summer. Of course, they left and I was parked where the security camera didn't catch anything :angryfire:

Got a nice crease/dent in the passenger's fender and a scuff on the door. It isn't all that noticeable, but it still sucks. I was MUCH more upset when it happened...I was looking for a car with my paint on it for weeks.

You might want top consider doing what I'm going to do when I get around to it and find a matching fender and door in the junkyard - it'll be a lot less than your deductible, and black ones are everywhere. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,235 Posts
I feel sorry for ya, man. Been thru this more than once myself. Like you, I always park at the "back end" of parking lots, trying to get an end spot, if possible. Last summer after the wifes company picnic, found a door ding in my PERFECT, no dings / no scratches showroom condition 05 SEL. I was ready to kill someone. 2 years ago, wifes 04 SES got keyed bad at work. $500 deductable to get it fixed. Several years earlier, my better than showroom condition 86 Tbird 5.0 (never seen snow, rarely sees rain, always garaged / covered) had scrapes much like your bull after I went into a store for LESS THAN 5 MINUTES. Another $500 deductable down the drain. People make mistakes, but if you make a mistake, like scrape another car OWN UP TO IT AND ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!!! But these days, everyone seems to think everything is someone elses fault.

·
Registered
575 Posts
feel for you man. someone hit the front of my car recently while i was at home. scuffed up the front and pushed in the bumper a bit. thankfully didnt break the headlight. people are fail!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Guy that parks next to me put a foot long scrape/scratch on the side of my rear bumper cover. My bumper covers have seen better days due to the previous owner parking ability, but stlll...

He drives A FOCUS! How can you now see where you are going in a FOCUS!?

·
Super Moderator
8,235 Posts
Repair cost sounds about right........ that isnt a "buff out" job.... basically, the whole side of the car needs a repaint. When the wifes 04 SES got keyed 2 years ago..... pass side door and rear quarter panel, repair cost was over $1K. Basically the entire rear quarter, rear door required sanding, priming, repainting, blending, etc. Took like 3 days at the body shop. They did a great job, and the car looks like new.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I thought this stuff just happened alot to me, in 2 years 4 accidents with 2 different cars, my intrepid was hit 2 times both i was 0 at fault and both were hit n runs, 1 of the two i was driving when the person hit me and left(we think they were driving without a license, takin parents car out to school) then i get the taurus and get hit 5 days later finally for something that was kinda my fault( found to be 50/50 fault) and now this. Im probly goin to get a beater now so i dont have to worry about this crap.

·
Registered
42 Posts
sucks to see this. In all honesty you said in the original post there are no dents and the scratches didn't go past the primer, it may be that i work in a shop so this stuff seems less detrimental, but that kind of stuff takes about a day and MAYBE $50 worth of paint/clear cot to repair.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'll go against the crowd.

It's a car and it's repairable.
Sucks? Sure it does. But there is no point in getting bent out of shape based on someone else's stupidity. If that were the case, I would never watch TV, listen to the radio, get on the internet, or leave the house.

Be glad that it was only paint damage and not anything more.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
$1k? id find some different quotes.

I paid $500 to get my entire car re-painted and its been holding up just fine,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts