Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Oh. I'm wrong. Didn't know that the base wasn't turbo charged. The base must be a huge POS then. :smile:

s2knott put a pair on a 3.0 duratec for me please... :evil grin:

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the base was such a huge failure.... i loved them until i found that out 0-60 in 7.2 or something like that!!!!!!!!!! the srt6 dips though.

and i will nevar change my exhaust it sounds too good, i revved it next to a black GTR yesterday in town and got a thumbs up!

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
QUOTE (s2knott @ Jun 11 2009, 03:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=731622
the base was such a huge failure.... i loved them until i found that out 0-60 in 7.2 or something like that!!!!!!!!!![/b]
It doesn't do too bad for what was, at the time it was introduced, a 7 year old SLK. In other words, doomed from the start :p

They do look kinda neat though. :thumb: 7.2 to 60 is fine for what it is...it's not exactly a sports car.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea thats why they made the srt i guess, didnt intend for it to be a sports car. but ill agree gree! love the looks.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
why would you say that? id love to hear someone try these, the 40 series is a generic "muscle" muffler, you get that really rumble with it not a mellow tone at all, so i think a 10 series would sound great.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
i wonder how it would sound on a duratec. the crossfire's 3.2 is a 3 valve per cylinder design so i wonder how much different it would sound?

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
To me, this gets rid of the canny/clank noise that the 40's have, and replaces it with more volume in general. It's kind of hard to make a duratec 3.0 not sound like most other duratec 3.0's.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats why im siked about these mufflers, the flowmasters 40-50 series just have that generic pop sound to them that really gets old....honestly every truck i ever see has a flowmaster 40 on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts