Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this at work earlier today. Came in for some driveability issues...

SMH... The cars you see at a dealership.

I've also seen a few other WTF vehicles in the past....

New F150 on 30s

Gators fan much??

Gen. 3 Sable w/ a vinyl roof

Focus with a bed (was a ZX5)

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
The Focus would actually be pretty cool, if it was a little less 'ricey' looking.

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Saw this at work earlier today. Came in for some driveability issues...

The black Sable: Would look good if the rims were 5" smaller........ donk much? -_-

The Focus: Someone wanted a Falcon UTE and couldn't import one......... FAIL! -_--_-

The white Sable I kind of dig with the vinyl top. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wow, who knew that you would see that many weird cars at the dealership! The first sable is not that bad, but I agree that the wheels are just a little too big. Out of all of the cars in the pictures, the focus is the best. I would drive it; it's like the child of a focus and a ranger.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, who knew that you would see that many weird cars at the dealership! The first sable is not that bad, but I agree that the wheels are just a little too big. Out of all of the cars in the pictures, the focus is the best. I would drive it; it's like the child of a focus and a ranger.
You'd be surprised dude.... I've seen many different cars come through. back in Oct., we even had this '90 Toyota RV w/ the 3.0 V6 come through for an oil change. Coming from NJ and heading out to CA. Only had 95K on the clock

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
You'd be surprised dude.... I've seen many different cars come through. back in Oct., we even had this '90 Toyota RV w/ the 3.0 V6 come through for an oil change. Coming from NJ and heading out to CA. Only had 95K on the clock

Hummmmmm.................. my Aunt(who moved to FL after hurricane Sandy) her father has/had a Toyota camper just like that. He lived in CA, then moved here. I wonder if that was him going back to CA. Do you know if the guy was older? Interesting..........

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hummmmmm.................. my Aunt(who moved to FL after hurricane Sandy) her father has/had a Toyota camper just like that. He lived in CA, then moved here. I wonder if that was him going back to CA. Do you know if the guy was older? Interesting..........
Never saw the customers. All I knew was where they were from and where they were going

·
Registered
76 Posts
Might be the only guy on here who thinks this but... I think the White Sable all decked out with chrome trim an vinyl top... actually looks really good. Looks like it's probably owned by a very picky perfectionist. Looks like it just rolled out of the factory... I know this makes me sound like an old man.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Might be the only guy on here who thinks this but... I think the White Sable all decked out with chrome trim an vinyl top... actually looks really good. Looks like it's probably owned by a very picky perfectionist. Looks like it just rolled out of the factory... I know this makes me sound like an old man.
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I have seen some on E-Bay, and around driving that almost seem like "one offs" I believe I have seen Lincolns like this as well? Does anyone know about these vehicles?

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,010 Posts
Some dealers would put them on cars at customer request. It was usually for older customers, which is why you see it on Lincoln and Mercury models, as well as older Cadillacs and Buicks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I think the vinyl top on the Sable looks good also. It's hard to pull that look off well.

·
Exalted Grand Poobah
4,753 Posts

Ha ha, that's a Lyman Street limo if I ever saw one. (You'd have to be from Springfield Mass. to get that one, let's just say it isn't complimentary!)

I do like the 1940s and '50s look of the two-tone paintjobs. Real paint costs more than vinyl. Funny how Detroit and Kenosha sold the vinyl look as more fancy, since it cost a fraction of painting the roof. The day I saw a 1969 AMX on the lot at Menard & Holmberg Rambler with a vinyl roof, I knew something was afoot.:eek:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I saw an MKS with a vinyl top a few weeks ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts