Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 99 DOHC Motor with 167k. the car runs great 99% of the time....here is the problem! Sometimes it will just die for no reason. then you try to start it and it wont...and sometimes it will. The fuel pump and the plugs and wires have been replaced and still it does it. I bought a crankshaft Position sensor today and will put it in...does anyone have an idea what can be wrong? the repair shop cant find ANYTHING WRONG! :(

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Why are all the parts being replaced? Is there a crankshaft sensor code? Was the fuel pressure low?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got the car...so I dont know why the fuel pump...they said no codes...so we dont know what to do...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok update...the shop said there were 2 stored codes...it said Ignition and something else I cant remember that he said could be related to the ignition one. He called and talked to a bunch and they said first "try" a new crankshaft position sensor...if that does not do it then its needs a new computer...so the new CKP is in and I will let you know! ;)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Have you checked your stock plugs and wires to make sure they have been replaced?

Are all your maintenance items up to date?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts