Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
another bonus pic. I am amazed at what a restrictive exhaust these engines have. Here's a good view of the bank 1 cat and you can see how little room it has to turn down between the engine and subframe. The heat shield makes it look much bigger than it really is. I would describe it as similar to a toilet paper tube then squish it so it's oval as it goes through that section. This is NOT free breathing exhaust. The upper manifold and cat are fine but in my opinion any work done to improve intake air volume or larger cat-back exhaust will not make up for this restriction.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wow! very nice job sir! on all this, wondering where you did all this, since i am in Delano.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wow! very nice job sir! on all this, wondering where you did all this, since i am in Delano.

I live down by Rochester and just doing the work in my garage. I took a while because I couldn't work on it when we had all that heat and humidity a few weeks ago!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
5 Participants
JGZ
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing