Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes you read it right... The dogwood tree near my driveway jumped out and attacked my car! :angryfire:

I was going to work yesterday morning in a hurry as I was running late, neighbor's stupid little F:censored:ING Pomeranian dog was in my driveway, wanted to dodge the dog backing up, so I accidentally hit the D:censored:N dogwood tree! I was so pissed afterwards I chased the little BA:censored:RD off with my car! I hate that stupid little dog, barks all night sometimes, and comes into my yard and barks at me. It also likes to SH:censored:T in my yard. Tree has some skinned up bark, but will be OK. Glad I carry full insurance coverage or the car would have to stay like this:

:homer:

Called GEICO yesterday at work. Will be getting estimate Friday. Then it's off to the body shop for repairs.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Next time don't avoid the dog... If the owners cannot take care of it, why would you?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I am currently in the process of getting my 06 repaired by geico (accident the other day) thet are excellent people to deal with.;)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Get the heat gun out and pop the dent out to hold ya over :)

Now your Taurus looks like pretty much any Gen 4 I see around here in Columbia lol

Good call having full coverage and hopefully they fix it correctly.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Here is something to think about.......

I found out many years ago, that if your city has a leash law, the OWNER of ANY loose dog is 100% responsable to damages to your car. :eek: It may be a little harder since you swerved so you didnt hit the dog, but its worth a try also, all you would need to do is get pictures of that dog running free. It would go on their home owners insurance. I found this out after hitting a large doberman with my '81 horizon and putting over $3,000.00 damage to my front end.

Its worth looking into so you dont pay a deductable or your insurance going up.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I found this out after hitting a large doberman with my '81 horizon and putting over $3,000.00 damage to my front end.
Dude, you hit an elephant! Seriously how do you do $3000 worth of damage to a K Car? Weren't they like $5000 brand new?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Dude, you hit an elephant! Seriously how do you do $3000 worth of damage to a K Car? Weren't they like $5000 brand new?
lol

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
LMAO :lol2: I had a new horizon TC3, the fancy little 2 door. It was only a few months old at the time. I was going 55 (yea, those would go that fast) and the dog jumped out of a ditch, hit the right front and then over the roof back into the ditch. All said, the nose, headlights, header panel, core support, hood, right fender, and roof needed to be repaired or replaced. So far that was the only time I have ever hit an animal.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As for the leash laws, I live in the country, so there are none. :(
And the neighbor has already had one of these Pomeranian dogs get ran over in the road. Some people never learn.:rolleyes2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts