Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday night we had a storm pass. It dumped a good amount of snow, but with the winds blowing strong through the night and next day, the snow drifted nicely. I cleaned the yard out then moved all the cars out of it to finish it up. Then parked the cars back. Today I went out to start the taurus for the first time since then. It was about -16 Celcius. When the car started it was missing which it has never done before. I also notice a different sound under the hood. So I get out and check under the hood to find this.....

Attachments

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
I went out and drove around tonight, started the Windstar at around -20c (-4f), let it idle for 30 seconds then drove off. You could hear the starter working hard to overcome the compression. Been awhile since I've had that much snow under my hood though!

That's more like a snow start :D

/I'm gonna get a block heater kit for this van

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Holy sheep sh*t!!!
Sigh.

I really wish it was warmer out. :(

Weather forecast says it'll be up to a balmy 0c (32f!) out this Tuesday. I'm gonna try and do an oil change that day seeing as I'm about 1,000km overdue, I just don't have the balls to get under there right now.

·
Registered
23,352 Posts
^+1. Cars tend to get neglected here in the midwest during winter months too. If i only had a garage or out building.......

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I have the car plugged in through the night last night as my wife is taking it to work today and the weather at the warmest is gong to be about -18C, with a windchill in the mid -20's. This morning it was -27 with a -37 windchill. Brrrrrrrr.

·
Cake monster
1,584 Posts
Well I have the car plugged in through the night last night as my wife is taking it to work today and the weather at the warmest is gong to be about -18C, with a windchill in the mid -20's. This morning it was -27 with a -37 windchill. Brrrrrrrr.
Canada sure sucks sometimes, eh?

-27c = -16.6f

We're finally getting a warm front in my area, the last week was a bitch though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts