Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does no one have any info that would help or have I offended someone, i never seem to get a response on any questions that i ask??? Just Curious..... :unsure:

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
As far as I know you haven't offened anyone. In the 2 months I have been here I have talked to no one but nice people. Besides, if you have looked at any other threads, people around here are pretty vocal about such things...

As for no info, I don't know much of anything when it comes to under the hood. But if you haven't gotten a reply in a reasonalbe amount of time, use the :bump: smiley to make your thread show a new post, aka give it a little bump.

You can also look at the bottom of the forum page, if there aren't a lot of people on, it will more likely take long to get a reply.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Not a problem

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
I just looked at your posts and I think it has more to do with the age of your cars. There's probably less people on here that are driving those models. I think you've mentioned 87, 88, and 90.

I think the average age of a car in the US is about 8 years or so. After that, the number of people keeping the older models keep going down and it seems to be so for the very problems you're having. With transmission troubles, it's sometimes more expensive to fix the problem than it is to get another car. There was just an article out recently that mentioned some cars only have a 20% retail value after 5 years. Didn't really mention names but they're mostly American cars that are due to all the heavy discounting that's been going on for the last few years.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Wendie, you've gotten responses on every thread you've started, except one (and the answer is probably yes, since the electronically controlled tranny didn't come out until '91, somewhere around there). I'd say you're doing pretty good.

G

·
If you had offended someone, you'd have known about it. Our staff is pretty good at weeding out problems and solving them before they get too carried away. :thumb:

I think it may have just been that either the thread was missed, or the people who did see it simply didn't know the answer.

So is the transmission problem straightened out? How about the bearings and engine knock?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We actually used a different motor, the crank was beat up byond belief in addition to the bearings, however the motor is running great but still can get the shifting fixed

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't know the answer but that is sure a cool picture of you!
Looks like a nice soft focus, who did that?
I would go to a transmission expert w/that one.
regards, dave B)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts