Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 89 Mtd servistar tractor with the 7 speed transmatic transmission. For some reason I am having trouble shifter from foreward to reverse from the lever in the middle when i am moving but when I stop I have no trouble at all. When I try to shift it just binds up and makes a weird rubbing noise and this same noise happens when i push in the clutch/brake. It does have all new belts and stuff, it runs very well and mowers well too. Its just that I cant get it to shift and sometimes it pops the drive belt off when I try to shift in reverse. I have tried a new shifter but it still does the same thing. Any ideas? It never use to make this noise before I changed the belts but it still was hard to shift then. Now I have to shut the blades off and turn the trottle down before I can shift between forward and reverse, and even then it doesnt always shift. I have ajusted the clutch twice since then and now the tractor stays still when put in park and in nuetral, but if in forward or reverse and I put the shifter a side of the seat in park it wants to surge front or back alittle. Also when you put it in gear and release the clutch it is very slow to pick up speed unlike my uncles tractor thats way heavier and has less power and he can pop a wheelie every time. Sometimes to help it pick up speed I have to put my heel on the other side of the pedal and pull back for it to pick up speed quicker. Any ideas of what to do? I am pretty lost when it comes to lawn mowers......and to top that off I have a push mower with a 4.5 tecumseh engine which I am rebuilding right now and I have never done that before either :lol2: Im waiting for a head gasket for that though.....PLease Help!!!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts