Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Does Anyone Have A Scrap Of Tint/nightshade

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  efan08 
#1 ·
I am wondering how the nightshade/window tint would look on my car.

I know the window tint comes in a sheet, but what is Nightshade?

I am just looking for a little bit, just to see what it looks like. Even if someone just has a scrap left over from cutting their own ones.

#3 ·
IMO I like niteshades on the tail lights and sidemarkers and whatever light you want to put it on... dont use window tint though, it looks like crap... if you use niteshades be sure and clear coat them also

You can check out my garage, I have some pics of the niteshades on my car

EDIT: BTW I dont have any niteshades on my headlights, front turning signals, or front sidemarkers anymore

#5 ·
<div class='quotemain'>dont use window tint though, it looks like crap...
[/b]
When done properly it looks quite good.

Maybe Matt (SHOContinental) could post pictures of his Gen2 with tinted tails.
[/b][/quote]

his is the self adhesive kind though, i dont think its sticky on the back

and its hard to tint the bubble shaped Gen 3 tail lights

#7 ·
BAAAAM!

[attachmentid=23191]

[attachmentid=23192]

[attachmentid=23193]

Attachments

#9 ·
yeah that looks freaking sweet! :thumb:

#10 ·
yeah that looks freaking sweet! :thumb:
[/b]
thanks.. yours probably looks a little better when you look real close at it though

I accidently got my finger in the paint on mine trying to get some dirt out, so i had to sand it down a little bit and add a few more coats of paint then few more coats of clear... if you look real close you can see like a little scratched place on it, but its not very big

#13 ·
Wade's look absolutely OEM quality in person. True story. :D

#16 ·
aww you guys are too nice.... they do look good though ;-) thanks.

#18 ·
Yeah w2n, that's a really good job on those tails. How many coats of nightshade did you use? I'm going to be doing the same with mine, but I was thinking of masking off the reverse portion. Thoughts?
[/b]
There have been a few people that didnt paint the reverse light and it looks pretty neat IMO.

If you're going to niteshade your tails just put as many coats as you want until you get them at your preferred darkness. Just make sure you make the coats even.

In case you were wondering, I put about 4 light-medium coats on mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.