Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got p401 codes...READ other posts but cant find DPFE on this 2000 wagon...This year also does not have plate that carbon builds up in....HELP!!!! please and thanks, george

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Look at the firewall just behind the intake manifold. Right under the seperation of the 2 halves of the cowl, see that silver thing protruding from the firewall? It's right in front of that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
had everything off....is it for sure on firewall......not sure what he means by cowl...does it have the two vacuum hoses and an electric connection? thx for your answers guys...this is kicking my a$$

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
QUOTE (lastonesitting @ May 22 2009, 08:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=727332
had everything off....is it for sure on firewall......not sure what he means by cowl...does it have the two vacuum hoses and an electric connection? thx for your answers guys...this is kicking my a$$[/b]
Cowl is the thing the windshield wipers are sticking out of.

It is not attached to the firewall. It just kinda free stands between the motor and firewall.

It has 2 lines (not vacuum, they come up from the exhaust manifold.) and 1 electrical connector. Look from the passenger side with a flashlight. The DPFE sits on top of 2 metal tubes just behind cylinder 2

·
Registered
282 Posts
not on the firewall
its on the motor
it has two hoses coming off of the egr pipe going to the pressure sensor
and a electrical connector
its sort of under the throttle body

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found the little bastard...thx, guys really down in there....as he said easier to see from passenger side..bye for now until next problem.....

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
QUOTE (-James @ May 23 2009, 06:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=727384
QUOTE (00tec-saTX @ May 22 2009, 11:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=727341
QUOTE (-James @ May 22 2009, 09:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=727340
its sort of under the throttle body[/b]
Not on the Duratec.
[/b][/quote]

what about the kind before the plastic ?
i thought i pulled one out from under a throttle body
[/b][/quote]

Dude, you have a Vulcan, Its in a different place than his Duratec. Completely different engines. You have a OHV 12V Vulcan and he has a DOHC 24V Duratec. It also varies according to the years,

My Vulcan has its located mounted on the back of the Intake Manifold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts