Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 1997 Taurus GL that has a security system in it (manufacture system) but it didn't come with a keyfob. I asked the dealer if it has one, and he wasn't sure. Can I buy one for it?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Take your key and try to enter programming mode.

All doors must be Closed. Insert key in ignition and QUICKLY (not more than 1 second between positions) move from OFF To RUN (not START) 5 times (for 1996 and 1997 models) or 8 times (1998 to 2007 models). Ending in RUN. If the doors lock and then unlock then you have keyless entry.

Within 20 seconds, press any button on an transmitter, and the doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that each transmitter has been programmed. Repeat this step for each transmitter.

NOTE: If the door locks do not respond for any transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again.

If you do have it, then buy some 1993-1997 Ford Taurus remotes (used on tons of other Ford vehicles, they just need to look like these:
2 Ford Lincoln Mercury Remote Fob | eBay

Nick

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Do I Have Keyless Entry Remote Capability? How to test and program remotes.
All doors must be Closed. Insert key in ignition and QUICKLY (not more than 1 second between positions) move from OFF To RUN (not START) 5 times (for 1996 and 1997 models) or 8 times (1998 to 2007 models). Ending in RUN. If the doors lock and then unlock then you have keyless entry.

Within 20 seconds, press any button on an transmitter, and the doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that each transmitter has been programmed. Repeat this step for each transmitter.

NOTE: If the door locks do not respond for any transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again.

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/104-introduction-forum/131294-ez-topic-finder.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts