Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know this forum is still in its infant stage and doesn't have a lot of information in it yet, but we would like to know if this setup seems helpful to you. We might yet fine tune the way it works, but the general concept is to make the answers to common problems easy to find. This way we don't see those common issues pop up again and again when they've already be diagnosed, fixed, and documented. The options are Yes and No, but if you like the idea, and think it just need some improvement, feel free to mark yes and comment on it below.

-Dan

·
Registered
397 Posts
Every type of car has its common glitches.
What better way for taurus owners to cut to the chase of something that happens all the time?

I HOPE I never need that forum, as in, hopefully my bull stays healthy.

One of these days when I replace the EPC solenoid in the transmission, I will be taking pics of the process to help other bull owners with this hideous task.

The EPC (electronic pressure control) solenoid controls the main line pressure.
It's failure causes hard shifts and hard engagements.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I love the common problems forum....it's a great place to start (I spent the better part of an hour checking out the various posts!). It's a great way to address the matters that show up time and time again. Hopefully all newbies to this forum (like myself) will spend some time checking it out.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Excellent job Dan, great idea, and will (should) cut down on the number of "newbie" questions. Keep up the Great work.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I realize this is a dumb question to those who know, but where is it?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I realize this is a dumb question to those who know, but where is it?

·
Premium Member
1,234 Posts
I voted "Yes" in the sense that I think it is a good idea to try and address the repeated identical questions. This is a good start that we can continue refining.

I did have to hunt around to find it. Perhaps we could have a button or link on the home page to take people directly to that area. Also, we might want a button from the main page of the forums.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks, now I found it. Even the title of this post, "Replying to Do You Like The New Common Problems Forum?" implies it is a separate forum, which it should be. Not just a thread under M&R.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks, now I found it. Even the title of this post, "Replying to Do You Like The New Common Problems Forum?" implies it is a separate forum, which it should be. Not just a thread under M&R.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is a wonderful idea!
All of the above sugestions are great to, But does it have to be locked so that we cannot ask additional questions or post new solutions?
AS has been said "I think its a good thing...might want to link some old threads in the archives. " Please link old threads from the archives, I can never get anything usful from my searches.
Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts