Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:blink: i really just get in the car turn the key and off i go.
jill uses the remote start and let's it warm up then she drives off.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
I let it warm up while I clear the snow off the windows :dunno:

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
My car gets garaged. I usually let it warm up for around 30 seconds and then tap the gas to bring the revs down and go.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
The Taurus is parked outside, and as much as I really wouldn't mind it getting stolen, it's not insured against theft. No letting it warm up. (Well, when I start it I wait until it hits normal idle before I drive... does that count?)

When I had the garage and the Buick I let it run about 10 minutes not for comfort, but so the thing wouldn't stall once I got it on the road.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
I let the Vulcan warm up until the Tachometer drops to or below 1k RPM.

It lets all the oil pressures build up efficiently the way I see it.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
I get in and go, most of the time. It doesnt really do me much good to let it warm up unless i let it sit there for 20 minutes.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Fuel-injected cars are usually ready to go within a minute. Waiting any longer is just a waste of gas. In fact, it actually warms up faster once you start driving. You know it's warmed up when the heater starts blowing warm air. My heater's ready by the time I get 2 blocks away from home after just warming up (idling) for less than a minute.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
I usually let it idle for a minute or two. If it's -30 out, the oil needs more than a few seconds to circulate and start reaching everything.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Only if it's cold, in the morning, leaving for work. Take dogs out, go start truck, turn heated seats on, go put on shoes, put dogs back in house, grab laptop, oops, almost forgot to take my prilosec, sit on nice warm seat.

After work and such, only about 30 seconds or so.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only if it's cold, in the morning, leaving for work. Take dogs out, go start truck, turn heated seats on, go put on shoes, put dogs back in house, grab laptop, oops, almost forgot to take my prilosec, sit on nice warm seat.

After work and such, only about 30 seconds or so.
[/b]
remote start and heated seats and steering wheel. :thumb:

this morning it was 17 here. i thought for a minute would it be wrong to let the wife and girls
drive the cold cold taurus. :lol2:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I just give it a minute until the needle hits 1k rpm, then I drive it gently. I feel either way the motor is running, I may as well get something done in the process. Cars don't really need the warmups they used to anyways.

·
Registered
175 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
(Well, when I start it I wait until it hits normal idle before I drive... does that count?)
[/b]

I let the Vulcan warm up until the Tachometer drops to or below 1k RPM.
[/b]
:werd:
[/b][/quote]
:werd: Unless its snowing, then it idles while I remove snow and/or ice.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Let it sit about 10 seconds until the RPMs hit about 1000-1100 and then go. In the 10 seconds I wait, I pick a radio station and set the climate controls.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts