Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only as a last resort.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just curious if im the only one that does this. When I stop at a gas station when im not familar with the area, I check and see if it has a sticker that says 10% ethanol, If it does, I skip and go on to a different station. My car hates me if I use this gas. Only time ill ever buy any is a gallon to make it to the next station if I need it.

So I dont go to Sunoco, Noco, or Getty.

I usually stop at Kwik Fill or Gulf, Mobil is pretty expencive around here. Or I go to the res for the cheap gas, still better then 10% ethanol for me.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Was just curious if im the only one that does this. When I stop at a gas station when im not familar with the area, I check and see if it has a sticker that says 10% ethanol, If it does, I skip and go on to a different station. My car hates me if I use this gas. Only time ill ever buy any is a gallon to make it to the next station if I need it.

So I dont go to Sunoco, Noco, or Getty.

I usually stop at Kwik Fill or Gulf, Mobil is pretty expencive around here. Or I go to the res for the cheap gas, still better then 10% ethanol for me.
[/b]

10% Ethanol is a law in Delaware.
Some gas stations doesn't put the sticker, but still sell with 10%.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Not really a choice down here. It's either 10%, 85%, or diesel.

Guess which poll option I clicked. :lol:

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
eventually everywhere it will be 10% ethanol. and not all stations post that they gas is 10%

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
The state government forces us to use E10.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In NYS I thought it was a law to post if a station uses 10% Ethanol or not. I go to stations that don't have the sticker, so either their breaking the law or actually dont have the 10%.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Call 1-800-SHO-Z123 to help with your E10 tuning needs. :makeadeal:

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
I'm not sure if it's actually law, but every gas station I've been to in Mass has pisswater...err...E10.

I voted "as a last resort," meaning, I'm always stuck at a last resort. :p

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I always use it...it's about $0.10 cheaper here all the time. I tried the 87 gas once (I understand it offers a theoretical gas mileage advantage) and my car ran poorly (less power & more of a rough idle) ugh. I only got 23mpg on that tank...switched back to 89 E10 and I was back up to 28mpg.

Had I stuck with the 87, my car may have adjusted. I wasn't willing to wait; I wasn't willing to spend more money either. My car has run great on E10 since the day I got it...basically, stick with the gas you typically buy.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
I always use it...it's about $0.10 cheaper here all the time. I tried the 87 gas once (I understand it offers a theoretical gas mileage advantage) and my car ran poorly (less power & more of a rough idle) ugh. I only got 23mpg on that tank...switched back to 89 E10 and I was back up to 28mpg.

Had I stuck with the 87, my car may have adjusted. I wasn't willing to wait; I wasn't willing to spend more money either. My car has run great on E10 since the day I got it...basically, stick with the gas you typically buy.
[/b]
the ethanol in the gas will eventually mess something up in your motor.

I use the 10% ethanol too, but I have no choice. every gas station around here has there gas mixed with it

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts

[/b]
o srsly? :confused:

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

I use the 10% ethanol too, but I have no choice. every gas station around here has there gas mixed with it
[/b][/quote]

Most of my friends say the same thing. The NCGA may be biased, but they have a page that tackles the many myths of using ethanol in gasoline. It's a somewhat interesting read and can be found here:

http://www.ncga.com/Ethanol/main/your_car.htm

Just the fact that so many automakers approve the blended gasoline makes me feel that I am completely safe using this gasoline. I'm saving money too B)

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
o srsly? :confused:
[/b][/quote]
except flex fuel motors...
[/b][/quote]
:mj_banana:

I would't worry too much about the 10%. Most cars are designed to run fine with up to 10% ethanol content in the fuel. If anything, it's a high-octane fuel system cleaner, a/f mix leaner-outer thingamajigger.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I wouldn't even know. I'm in Rochester and I go to the local HESS. I haven't seen any signs but then I don't pay attention beyond grab the '87' hose. Suse's running good on it and it's her 2nd fill since I had her. My old 1987 Pontiac 6000 ran fine. So I don't know maybe there's no E10 in it maybe there is.

Then again, in my Pontiac, I always added all kinds of goofy additives like STP Gas Treatment at least once in the winter months, and STP Fuel Injector Cleaner in the spring/summer. I always add those right after filling the tank though.

Anyone know if I should still add that stuff in my Taurus? It's not a classic car so I'm not sure if she needs it or not.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I've been using E10 gas since the early 80s. My Fords still all rust away from under me.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just made a trip to Calif for a wake, found alcohol free gas in some places in AZ and NM. Truck mileage went from 19 to 23 for those tanks.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts