Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick tip. I try to do this every once in a while, especially when there is a lot of road salt down. I did this for the first time when washing the 2005 SEL today. When rinsing off the car, it is usually not enough just to spray off the sides. It is always a good idea to get as much salt and dirt off the underbody as you can too. Of course you want to spray the obvious spots, but make sure you get as much as you can around the wheel wells. Get every inch and spray at every angle you can around the wheels down toward the rocker panel covers. You may be surprised at the gunk and sediment that washes out if it is overdue or never been done. Now the spot I really was surprised at how much came out was up behind the back bumper. Of course take your hose and get the underside back. But put the hose between the wheel well covering and back bumper as shown below and give it a good spray.

You may find more than you expect.

Enjoy. Just thought I'd share.

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just trying to promote the cleanliness of bulls!

Not only the salt, but the grime built up is not helping either! Who knows, some people may have so much grime build-up that it is causing SAS!! ;) :p Just kidding of course. But seriously, get out the hose everyone. NOW!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Or another good solution for this so you dont have to wash your car in the freezing cold is t get one of the $20 a month membership type deals to delta sonic, which sprays the underbody of your car. The summer months is when i hand wash as much as possible so i can get my desired look after washing. When you live in NY you cant be too picky during the winter on how your car looks just as long as the salt gets washed away. FYI a good soap i use is called ICE and i believe is made by turtle wax.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
Or another good solution for this so you dont have to wash your car in the freezing cold is t get one of the $20 a month membership type deals to delta sonic, which sprays the underbody of your car. The summer months is when i hand wash as much as possible so i can get my desired look after washing. When you live in NY you cant be too picky during the winter on how your car looks just as long as the salt gets washed away. FYI a good soap i use is called ICE and i believe is made by turtle wax.
I have the delta sonic plan and I love it. When I lived in syracuse I washed my car almost every night. but now living in buffalo area and not living super close to a delta sonic like I used to I do it a few times a week.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts