Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here are the pictures of the rims I'm thinking of buying. But they look a little sketchy in a few pics. What do you guys think, is that a couple dents in the rim, or is it just a weird camera angle. I know the chrome is peeling, but if those are dents, will they affect the rim at all?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Trust me man, sho chromies love to rid themselves of their clothing! i had a set, and left them on through the winter (cleaned them 2 times a week) and by february they were corroded all around the stems and losing air. I was really disappointed, you shouldnt have to take factory rims of a car for the winter.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
That looks awful. I wouldn't buy those. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
I would pass on those IMO.
You get what you pay for. :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
the ones i got for free are like that but the good thing is that the chrome is only peeling one the back side. i was wondering how hard it would be to strip them down and paint them? im not to big in the chrome but don't want to just paint over the chrome that may sooner or later peel off.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (baggedtaurus @ Mar 7 2009, 01:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=706271
ill sell mine. no peeling chrome on the front or curbs.$100 bucks plus shipping.[/b]
The shipping would murder me, haha. It costs over $10 to send a damn book from the US to Canada, I can't imagine what 4 rims would cost.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
QUOTE (mikeo007 @ Mar 7 2009, 01:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=706272
QUOTE (baggedtaurus @ Mar 7 2009, 01:12 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=706271
ill sell mine. no peeling chrome on the front or curbs.$100 bucks plus shipping.[/b]
The shipping would murder me, haha. It costs over $10 to send a damn book from the US to Canada, I can't imagine what 4 rims would cost.
[/b][/quote]

I would not buy them either, they look too far gone. Too bad tho! they are getting harder, and harder to find. :unsure:

Lucky B)

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Mine are chrome faced but the places the ones in the pictures are bubbling mine have a different finish.

What's the deal wtih that?

Mike
:dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (mwt @ Mar 7 2009, 08:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=706298
Mine are chrome faced but the places the ones in the pictures are bubbling mine have a different finish.

What's the deal wtih that?

Mike
:dunno:[/b]
These ones are from Canada? We do things different here! ;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
i do not know what they use for salt i want to think battery acid :lol: but it'll eat anything alive or dead lucky for me the city i live in is rationing salt because they thinks it more precious than Gold so every thing is just heavly sanded most days it looks like ive been driving on a dirt road which where i am might as well be potholes bigger than my car

1 - 13 of 13 Posts