Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering because I've been using my aftermarket alarm on my Gen 4 for quite sometime and I forget if the lights flashed when using the factory remote when locked and unlocked.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Mine don't

The only time the lights flash on mine is when my daughter or son press the panic button

G

·
I don't think mine do anything either. Just turns the inside lights on when I unlock it. The lights flash when I hit the panic button though, lol.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
All light com on, when unlocking (including appraoch lights or "puddle" lights, head and taillights and all interior lighting). No lights when locking, but horn sounds.

G

·
Originally posted by Troper8@Mar 18 2004, 11:55 AM
All light com on, when unlocking (including appraoch lights or "puddle" lights, head and taillights and all interior lighting). No lights when locking, but horn sounds.
Must be an SEL thing then...
Us lowly SES owners aren't so privileged.

btw... I want some of those puddle lights below the mirrors, I really need to make a trip to a junkyard.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have a 2000se and the headlights only flash when the alarm goes off or when I hit the panic button. But when i arm- the horn honks , and disarm- the interior lights go on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 2001 SEL (exactly like Troper8 just a year earlier), and only my interior lights come on when I unlock. Did '01 and earlier have puddle lights? If there is a quick change I can make to make all the lights go on when I unlock it, please tell me because the more lights that come on when I am coming to the car, the better.

AS

·
Registered
702 Posts
Ive got a Gen III Sable, and it chirps when you push the lock button on the key fob twice. It chirps at when you pop the trunk from the remote, too. I set it up to do that though.

G

·
Originally posted by automan227@Mar 18 2004, 05:19 PM
I have a 2001 SEL (exactly like Troper8 just a year earlier), and only my interior lights come on when I unlock. Did '01 and earlier have puddle lights? If there is a quick change I can make to make all the lights go on when I unlock it, please tell me because the more lights that come on when I am coming to the car, the better.

AS
I don't have puddle lights, but I want them
I have a 2001 SES.

Do you have puddle lights?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
my sable lights the interior when unlocked and flashes the lights when the button is pressed twice.

and it is the same on my moms 01 SE

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Kind of a fuzzy pic but, here is a "puddle" or as Ford calls them "approach" lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by TaurusSE2000@Mar 18 2004, 08:22 PM
Would there be any easy way to make the lights flash in a gen 4? Cause my don't but my brother gen 3 do. Do only the cars with DRL flash?
I would like to know the same since mine don't flash either!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I don't think my grandmothers 99 has drls but the lights still flash when you lock or double lock the car iirc

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
On my Explorer, when you un-lock the doors, all the interior lights plus puddle lights will turn on for 20 seconds, but no head/tails.

When you lock the truck, nothing will happen, but if you press the lock button again quickly the horn will beep and the lights will flash (Including fog lights).

Interestingly, when the horn beeps, listen to it. If the horn beeps twice quickly, it means one of your doors is ajar. If it just beeps once, everything is locked.

G

·
Originally posted by Majisto@Mar 19 2004, 07:57 PM
Interestingly, when the horn beeps, listen to it. If the horn beeps twice quickly, it means one of your doors is ajar. If it just beeps once, everything is locked.
I went to lock my car when somebody didn't have a door shut all the way once and noticed that. That's really cool how that does that.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
cursed puddle lights...i want puddle lights. <_<

1 - 20 of 22 Posts