Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alls I can say is "whoa"

Super Cavalier

also keep in mind that the body of that car weighs about as much as I do. (j/k but its extrememely light)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ok so the Cavalier might be fast?? but always remember there is someone out there who WILL hand you your a** !! But if he tries to follow some of us down a twisty road, is he gonna be able to keep it out of the ditch ??

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Originally posted by SHOMAN@Feb 17 2004, 04:41 PM
Ok so the Cavalier might be fast??

But if he tries to follow some of us down a twisty road, is he gonna be able to keep it out of the ditch ??
Oh come on, man. That's ricer talk. Go to any honda forum and somebody will say something like that in a debate over imports vs domestics. And I doubt this guy built his car to take turns, it looks like a straight line kinda car.

B

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Mikeys_Taurus@Feb 17 2004, 07:03 PM
It's still a J body.

You can polish a turd, but...
it's still a piece of shat.

Cavaliers suck, plain and simple. So it's fast, now what you have is a fast piece of shat. I can do that for a whole lot less money by bagging my cat's turds and launching them from a tater cannon.

*edit*

Just read the entire thread, the car hasn't been driven yet, no way of knowing if it's fast or not.

I did notice though, that the Cavalier strut brace looks pretty easy to make.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I just woundn't want to go above 80 mph in one, as it might shake apart. Also, Neons are bad about 70 MPH. Every thing in the car just starts shaking and flexxing. I have never seen any Taurus do this at even 120.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225@Feb 17 2004, 04:00 PM
wow!

too bad it's a Chevy though
Jason, you forgot the--->

If it weren't such a deathtrap, I'd take it over the 97 any day of the week. The SHO is a different story......

·
Registered
746 Posts
bob, you saw the exact same thing that i did... as of right now it is a shiny paper weight. they have had problem after problem and havent even been able to drive it yet.

but if they get it moving, it might be fast

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by hoss@Feb 17 2004, 08:00 PM
but if they get it moving, it might be fast
Might? go fast? I'd put it up against any Taurus I've ever seen, I'm not trying to be crappy, but IF they get it going it's going to haul major balls, chevy or not. I love Ford as much as anybody on here, but I'm also not gonna say that GM sucks, because I know it's not true.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts

That engine bay looks odd to me somehow. It looks way too roomy since that motor's pretty big and a Cavalier's bay is pretty small.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Qwertz9586@Feb 17 2004, 08:54 PM

That engine bay looks odd to me somehow. It looks way too roomy since that motor's pretty big and a Cavalier's bay is pretty small.
I thought that at first, too, but I think it's just because nobody's used to seeing a cavalier's engine bay so full.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by 97GreenStreak3.0+Feb 17 2004, 07:50 PM-->QUOTE (97GreenStreak3.0 @ Feb 17 2004, 07:50 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-jason8225
@Feb 17 2004, 04:00 PM
wow! 

too bad it's a Chevy though 

Jason, you forgot the--->

If it weren't such a deathtrap, I'd take it over the 97 any day of the week. The SHO is a different story...... [/b]

·
Registered
113 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Gervais+Feb 17 2004, 07:09 PM-->QUOTE (Bob Gervais @ Feb 17 2004, 07:09 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Mikeys_Taurus
@Feb 17 2004, 07:03 PM
It's still a J body.

You can polish a turd, but...
it's still a piece of shat.

Cavaliers suck, plain and simple. So it's fast, now what you have is a fast piece of shat. I can do that for a whole lot less money by bagging my cat's turds and launching them from a tater cannon.

*edit*

Just read the entire thread, the car hasn't been driven yet, no way of knowing if it's fast or not.

I did notice though, that the Cavalier strut brace looks pretty easy to make.
[/b]
I`ll buy one for my Sunfire,make `em up!
Fwiw,the base J Body motor(2.2L) has a $1200 bolt on turbo kit for it.GM also makes a bolt on,warenteed s/c kit for the 2.4L motor.An aftermerket is a nice thing to have.

Oh yeah,even still,the f/i j bodies aren`t overly quick(generally).My base runs a [email protected] mph completely stock.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
What's even more impressive is he actually took the time to mate it to a 5spd
. Gotta give props for that...chevy or no chevy...

·
Registered
106 Posts
im not so sure on this one...

there are no belts on the car in any pic, and

the sc pully looks way farther out than the alt pully, unless they run off different belts?

no solid opinion here yet

Adam

1 - 20 of 34 Posts