Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motorcraft is $114 plus shipping and rock auto is about 45 plus shipping. But, I usually use all motorcraft parts. I do not want crap. Do you think Delphi will be ok for this?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Do you know for a fact that the IAC is bad ? I would clean it out with some throttle body cleaner first, and if that doesn't work go to the junkyard for 5 bucks, then clean that one. :) As far as if your going to get a new one I would stick with OEM. I like aftermarket parts (It's no secret) but this valve is responsible for Idle and coasting idle so it's kind of important.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I installed (long time ago) one BWD from AAP store and it works perfectly. This is not a part that requries a super technology to be produced, so IMO third-party is OK :)
Sure, nothing beats the junkyard prices, but... there is no guarantee that will be working for a long time.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
The aftermarket ones do not hold up well, and the precision need is very strict. Many aftermarket ones act like an OE one that is starting to stick. OE is th best route, they last longer, and work right the first time. That being said, Delphi is an OE manufacturer, their part should be excellent.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
^+1 They are an OE supplier to GM. I would bet that IAC valve is made here in Rochester, NY.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts