Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
come with a cd changer from Ford? I just got my car a day and a half ago, and was kinda wondering cause i hate listening to the radio. Arent all of the 3g's wired for changers, or do they already have them underneath the carpet?

G

·
First, the radio must have a disc 1-6 button. Second, if the harness is not in the trunk, then you can find one and plug it in to the rcu.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok sorry i wasnt more specific. I do have the radio that has the "disk 1-6" and there is also a plug(dont know how many prong) in the driver wheel well under the carpet. So if there is a factory changer, where would it be? under the carpet on the drivers side somewhere?

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
On the Gen. III's the changers are in the trunk. All the wires are in the trunk, where your RCU is.

EDIT: Welcome to the club!!! :newbie:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
everything but the cassette player and controls are in the rear of the car mounted on the left side on the fender well.

They are already wired for a changer you just have to get one.

I how ever got one of the rare 96 vehicles that had the 7 speaker JBL stereo but did not have the changer or the actual buttons on the radio interface.

and i have the electronic temp control.

I come to believe my car is very unique from other gen 3's. just a couple weird options.

Leather wrapped interior, JBl stereo no changer controls, very rare rednight mist body color (only on 96 models) i have only seen this color on 2 other vehicles.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Hey sablerider, I purchased a JBL RCU from the J/Y, but I didn't get the sub that goes in the middle. If I go back and get this, how does it hook up to all the other speakers. By the way, I can tell a difference already in sound to my stock GL RCU. I don't have to turn up the volume quite as high to get the good sound.

Thanks
Adam

PS: do you have any pics of the setup?

G

·
First double check if the sub harness is there. If not, you will have to get the sub harness from a 96 (hopefully it is independent of the entire audio harness) or find which pins give the sub signal and work with that.

G

·
Originally posted by Jared02@May 6 2004, 06:32 PM
come with a cd changer from Ford? I just got my car a day and a half ago, and was kinda wondering cause i hate listening to the radio. Arent all of the 3g's wired for changers, or do they already have them underneath the carpet?
check out www.cdchangersonline.com they can sell you a 6disc or 10 disc.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Ok Thanks. Do you have an air sub in your LX? and are the GL speakers with the stock RCU the same as the JBL?

Adam

G

·
Originally posted by 97vulcan@May 12 2004, 07:36 PM
Ok Thanks. Do you have an air sub in your LX? and are the GL speakers with the stock RCU the same as the JBL?

Adam
Yeah, I had the sub. My speakers said jbl on them, and I dont thikn the non jbl ones would say the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts