Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn on my car, my daytime running lights flicker, kinda like a strobe light. When I turn the lights ON, they work fine, but I turn them back OFF and the DLR's flicker again. I have Sylvania Silverstar's, but they did this before with the stock bulbs also. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
341 Posts
sounds like your DRL module. mine did the same thing. possibly the DRL fuse going bad...but probably the module.

i just pulled the fuse in mine. you don't need the DRL's and they're just a power draw. the fuse (on my Gen III LX) is in the box under the hood. little 15A thing.

you can replace the module, but its cheaper (if you don't mind not having the DRL's) to just yank the fuse.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Originally posted by LoadedLX@Sep 2 2004, 12:41 AM
sounds like your DRL module. mine did the same thing. possibly the DRL fuse going bad...but probably the module.

i just pulled the fuse in mine. you don't need the DRL's and they're just a power draw. the fuse (on my Gen III LX) is in the box under the hood. little 15A thing.

you can replace the module, but its cheaper (if you don't mind not having the DRL's) to just yank the fuse.
Fuses either pass current or they don't. Fuses do not have an intermediate "bad" state. In this case it's the DRL module that's bad.

Mark
95 SHO

·
Registered
341 Posts
yeah i know, but if ya had a lot of dirt or other debris down in there, it could be shorting out. as i said above, PROBABLY NOT!!!! :D

i thought it was a module, too. and said so. so :p

:D :D :D

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what I figured, thanis for the help. Any idea what the module runs $$ I kinda like drl's, but will probably pull the fuse.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Has anyone pulled the fuse for DRLs on a gen4? I found the fuse that they are tied into, but my traction control switch and ABS are also tied into that same fuse (according the manual)...

·
Registered
135 Posts
sybermythh,
my headllites do the same thing, but something i noticed,
it is a white duratec w/black bra, everytime it rains there is water
collected under the top part of the bra, when i open the hood
water drips rite into the headlites. i'm wondering if the water
has any relationship, because water can short out electrical
components. do you have any water in your lites?
(also check tailites)
dave

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no water that i noticed, no condensation or anything on the lenses, I just went ahead and pulled the fuse for now, too many other mods in progress before Southern chapter meet to worry about drl's.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Originally posted by Markus+Sep 2 2004, 10:28 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Markus @ Sep 2 2004, 10:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LoadedLX@Sep 2 2004, 12:41 AM
sounds like your DRL module.  mine did the same thing.  possibly the DRL fuse going bad...but probably the module. 

i just pulled the fuse in mine.  you don't need the DRL's and they're just a power draw.  the fuse (on my Gen III LX) is in the box under the hood.  little 15A thing.

Fuses either pass current or they don't. Fuses do not have an intermediate "bad" state. In this case it's the DRL module that's bad.

Mark
95 SHO [/b][/quote]
thats what there designed to do, but more than once Ive found a fuse partially blown and as a result the switched line on a car stereo would be at like 8v not allowing the stereo to operate....

thoe this is a very rare problem

Id reccomend pulling ht fuse or replacing the module with a "jumper" from a car without DRL

Brad

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Did you ever get your DRL fixed? Mine are doing the same thing and I don't want to get rid of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts