Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I catch myself forgetting to turn them on now that they're there. As for 'not being safe running them at night' I heartily disagree. For those of us with good night vision who remember to eat our carrots, not a problem.
The fact that YOU see other people on the road, doesn't mean that THEY are able to see you.
DRL means that only the front lamps are on. Rear of your car is DARK!
I hope you get a ticket before you kill somebody.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2001 Taurus SES Flex Fuel and it has daytime running headlights. So unless my parking brake is on, they're always on. I wanted to get HID's but if I ever did I wouldn't want them to always be on. So is there any way to turn off the daytime running lamps? Like a certain fuse that I can just take out?
I also have a 2001 Taurus SES and I have discovered through these forums that there is a relay that can be removed to turn of the daytime running lights (DRL). First off, don't be confused by "automatic headlights, and DRL". Automatic headlights come on automatically when it's dark enough. DRL come on with the key and are always on - day or night.
to disable the DRL look between your battery and your fender on the drivers side. it's a black rectangular box only about six inches long (mine had black tape around it). It is clipped next to the battery. unclip it and remove the tape (if any). on the ends of the box there are clips to open it. Once inside I saw 2 relays, and I unplugged the smaller one. tested it by turning on the key, and yhe headlights did NOT come on until I turned them on with the headlight switch. Did not effect the turn signal, running, marker, of hazard lights in any way. everything was working fine, and the headlights don't come on when I start the car. NOTE: This is NOT the black box in FRONT of the battery which Is larger than the one I'm talking about here.
PROBLEM SOLVED.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Does anyone know if 2007 taurus SE have DRL? I had them on my 2003 and loved them (much safer if you ask me)-- and I miss them on my 2007.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts