Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So commuting and such I've put about almost 20K on this car since I bought it in March..I haven't washed it since late October, and after this weekends snow, it needed some sort of attention, so I just bit the bullet and went to the car wash. Meh. Came out okay..got the salt off, which to me is worse than the small microscopic scratches from the car wash. I can work magic on scratches, but not rust!

Here are a few before and after photos. The front has settled a little more too :)

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
well it looks WAYYY better than mine does. mine hasnt been washed in about 2 months, and i can sure tell it. Im about to go wash it now since its like 60 degrees outside lol

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
That's a great last shot Mike...interesting lighting. Car looks clean B)

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I hadn't washed Rex in over a month but I went through the autowash about a week ago and a couple times since then, but it is soooo hard to keep a car clean in Michigan in the winter.

But Betty looks real nice in those pics :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yall should have seen my car we got bored in the high school parking lot and jammed 22 ppl in my car 22! it looked like a garbage truck had tipped over on it with all the lattes and soda cans on it just another exaple of texas education dollars at work lol

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How dare you allow my mistress to parade around in such squaller!
[/b]

She likes it dirty, you should know that!

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
"Dirty" is an understatement with this car... :eek: :noes:

And Kal, before you post, we all know about what part of the country you live in and the weather you don't get and the salt they don't put on your roads. :p

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a great last shot Mike...interesting lighting. Car looks clean B)
[/b]

yeah that's what happens when I don't have the right white balance setting and it was too cold to care :lol2:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
"Dirty" is an understatement with this car... :eek: :noes:

And Kal, before you post, we all know about what part of the country you live in and the weather you don't get and the salt they don't put on your roads. :p
[/b]
Salt on roads? Why would anyone do such a thing? I have never seen that before! :p

It didn't seem to go below 55 degrees today. Of course Lowe's feels the need to keep the heat going all day. It is so HOT in there. I'd like it to be colder here.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I got stuck behind a salt truck last week and my friend couldn't understand why I was upset... :-/

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I have mine washed about once a week at Genie, I always use their half off full service wash coupons which makes it $5.50 a wash, and they clean out the inside, too :) There's no such thing as a salt truck here, unless it's to refill my water softener. 3 times a year I use a polymer polish to keep my paint looking like new, and it helps the dirt and bugs come off. Did your doors freeze open?

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They didn't because I spent the time right after to dry it including the door jams :)

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I'm so confused. The car looks awesome lowered+RSL wheels, but looks weird lowered+stock SEL wheels. At stock height, it's the complete opposite. :eyecrazy:

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Keeping a black car clean from salt = fail =(

I can wash it, a day later it will look like I havnt washed it all year.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cleaned her up again. I hate winter.

cell crappy pics.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts