Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1991 GL has a dimmer switch, but it doesn't seem to dim anything. Right now, I keep it all the way down. When I roll it up, it doesn't affect anything, until I get to the top. It will click and turn the interior lights on, and that's it. Shouldn't it dim the lights on my dash? Maybe it's broken? Or maybe I have the wrong idea as to how that switch works?

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
The switch should always be towards the top just before it clicks to turn the dome light on. All the way down all you gauge and ac lights should be almost off and brighter as you turnthe switch up. You probably just need a new switch. Hit up a junkyard or if you don't have luck I'll be out at mine next week and could probably ship you one for about $15 shipped.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (RByers @ May 31 2010, 02:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808139
The switch should always be towards the top just before it clicks to turn the dome light on. All the way down all you gauge and ac lights should be almost off and brighter as you turnthe switch up. You probably just need a new switch. Hit up a junkyard or if you don't have luck I'll be out at mine next week and could probably ship you one for about $15 shipped.[/b]
I'll just pick one up at mine. No biggie.
Yeah, the lights are just on, and don't change as I roll it up and down. Maybe thats why it's pretty dim. :p

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
My brothers ranger was the same. Picked one up at a yard and works perfect. Just make sure when you get one it feels like it works. Such as doesn't just roll up and down on it's own. Should have a little tension to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts