Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aight, my car came with the automatic climate control, and i am tired of all the s*** and proplems they cause when you try to do anything aftermarket.

so here is my question, what do i need to do to get rid of the digital gauges, and swap them with a regular set of rotary AC knobs? i just want to replace the entire factory stereo and digital gauges with a new factory radio and rotary knog gauges... can anyone help me out here?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
does anyone know anything about this?? or do i just need to go talk to a dealership...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Wow no replies that is odd. Well I have never pulled a digi out but I think it would be the same because the function on the knobs is all in the knobs so it should be the same on the digital. It should swap.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Do you have a gen III? if you do, I'll sell you my analog stereo (WITHOUT the actual climate control knobs - still kinda need them) for really cheap. I would just get an analog climate control/stereo setup, take out the digital one, and see if the plugs match up.

J

·
0 Posts
AFAIK the climate control to manual a/c adjustments is not a plug and play operation - same deal with going from manual to climate control.... Brad(the_spy_guy) is probably who you would want to talk to about this, he seems to be the most knowledgeable about this from what I've seen.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help guys, i think i am gonna ask a service technician at a dealership and see what they say(if they even know anything at all... i doubt they have ever encountered this). but thanks for the help, and im gonna see if i cant get brad over here to help out. hopefully i can switch around some harnesses or whatever and be done with it.

and silvapain, i have a gen 4. but thanks for the offer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts