Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked about a month ago about a digital cluster in my 95 GL. I am finnaly going to get it sat or sunday at the pull a part yard. I was wondering wat tools I will need exactly to get the thing out and approx. how long it should take. Thanx and Im getting it this weekend so i need replys fast. Thanx for all the help i can get

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I would guess maybe a couple hours. A regular analog to analog swap takes less than an hour to take apart and reassemble. You'd need a couple of Torx screwdrivers. It's a T27 for the under dash screws and, IIRC, a T30 for the ones for the cluster. You'll also need to take off the steering column shroud for easy access, but it's possible to get the cluster out w/o taking it off.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
My '95 SE didn't have a digital cluster, but when I replaced the speedo all I needed was a set of torx screw drivers, regular screw drivers, and maybe a small socket. I can't remember and my b-in-law has the car now so I can't go out and look. You'll also need a pair of pliers if the speedo is mechanical and skinny forearms help.

-Jeff

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next Dumb question: what about millage??? I know you can change the one on the SHO speedo, which I am also considering, but the digital one seems alot harder for some apparent reason. LOL

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also it is possible to go from analog to digital right?????? Plug and plaY?????

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:
:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts