Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Here are te test results from the pressure tests. I did not perform the WOT tests.

Pressures at Idle
(from the manual) (my test results)
Gear EPC Line EPC Line
P 10-20 60-84 15 75
R 10-20 78-108 15 90
N 10-20 60-84 16 75
(D) 10-20 56-84 14 71
D 10-20 56-138 14 70
1 10-20 67-155 30 60

The first gear line test was the only low test. The car was missing on #3. It seemed to clear up later. maybe needs a tuneup.

ACK! I am tired of working on cars. I need to focus on my studies!

The car runs and drives good, but shifts a little rough. maybe needs to break in? The only part I had left over is a small black metal tube about 20 inches long. I know it went somewhere on the lower firewall, but cant find a place to put it?

Oh well. LOL!

I REALLY REALLY appreciate EVERYONES HELP :) :) Your guidance has helped me through this project that seemed so daunting.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Congratulations on getting it done. Very impressive work!

Hopefully the rough shifts are fluid related and will go away when you get Mercon V in there.

Make sure you use the official cooler line procedure when you change the fluid. This will result in a complete change with as little mixing as possible especially if you drain the pan first.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
/quote/
sheila

Is it the curved pressure tube that runs/connects between the 2 inner tie rod boots?
/quote/

it most certainly was!! Wow! I would have never figured that out. got it back in without too much trouble.

I will research the official cooler line procedure RJ.

Thanks everyone for the tips :)

XOXOXO

·
Registered
540 Posts
Or add a bottle of Lubegard "Green" to convert the Mercon/Dexron 3 to Mercon 5. Many tranny shops do this to avoid stocking many types of atf.
I've never seen that before but I'm putting it in the 'learn something new every day' folder in my brain for future reference :)

41 - 47 of 47 Posts