Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Firespirit @ May 30 2009, 07:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728982
I think purple turn signals would be illegal, seeing as you'll need yellow turns in the front of the vehicle.

I have always used those "True blue" 194 bulbs from wal-mart. It actually glows bright white instead of blue and I use them for my footwell lights.[/b]
I was referring to the marker lights on the side.... when I said clear markers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use the 194 Blues(which actually glow green) in my pillar lights on my Colony Park and it looks really sharp. I always get comments on them.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
QUOTE (don2775 @ May 30 2009, 07:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728984
QUOTE (Firespirit @ May 30 2009, 07:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=728982
I think purple turn signals would be illegal, seeing as you'll need yellow turns in the front of the vehicle.

I have always used those "True blue" 194 bulbs from wal-mart. It actually glows bright white instead of blue and I use them for my footwell lights.[/b]
I was referring to the marker lights on the side.... when I said clear markers.
[/b][/quote]
The front markers flash as turn signals. Thus, "not legal".

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Technically the clear markers themselves are illegal in Michigan. Tla vehicle must have a side-facing amber reflector on the front end of the vehicle, placed as far towards the front end as practical.

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (Sean T. @ May 30 2009, 04:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=729063
Technically the clear markers themselves are illegal in Michigan. Tla vehicle must have a side-facing amber reflector on the front end of the vehicle, placed as far towards the front end as practical.[/b]
Thanks..you saved me some money(and ridicoulous shipping!) :clap:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
QUOTE (Sean T. @ May 30 2009, 04:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=729063
Technically the clear markers themselves are illegal in Michigan. Tla vehicle must have a side-facing amber reflector on the front end of the vehicle, placed as far towards the front end as practical.[/b]
Same here in RI, but Ive never had a problem with mine... in fact I even passed my inspection with them on :lol2:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Yeah, I think you would really have to piss off a cop for them to get that picky about it, but technically... they are illegal, so you CAN get pulled over for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts