does an 01 sable with tan interior wood grain radio bezel match a 02 tan
taurus.

i guess i'm asking were there different tans from model year to model year and
from sable to taurus.

bryan

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
they should be the same IIRC the parchment interior did not change for all of g4

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Any 2000+ Sable with beige interior will work (or 2003+ Taurus w/wood trim:) Even though there was a name change for the interior on 2005 models, the colors remained the same. Ford just colored matched the previously black trim on 03+ models.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
You'll be fine. I have the 'woodgrain' radio bezel from an 01 Sable in my 2000. The tan portion is identical. :)

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (FFVulcanPowah @ Jun 3 2009, 04:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=729967
You'll be fine. I have the 'woodgrain' radio bezel from an 01 Sable in my 2000. The tan portion is identical. :)[/b]
exactly what i'm doing. :lol2:
odd question but mine has the bulb for the ash tray. on the sable was it available?
i see the outlet for it but unable to see the bulb and how to get at it.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (risoworker @ Jun 3 2009, 04:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=729973
QUOTE (FFVulcanPowah @ Jun 3 2009, 04:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=729967
You'll be fine. I have the 'woodgrain' radio bezel from an 01 Sable in my 2000. The tan portion is identical. :)[/b]
exactly what i'm doing. :lol2:
odd question but mine has the bulb for the ash tray. on the sable was it available?
i see the outlet for it but unable to see the bulb and how to get at it.
[/b][/quote]
Yea the sable has it :)

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
The harness plug for the 12v power outlets and ashtray light might be different. I ended up swapping the harness from mine onto the new bezel, since the 01 had a different plug. I'm not sure why they changed the plug, either. The wires are the exact same. :dunno:

In any case, it's easy to swap over.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i swapped out my plain bezel for the wood grain one. i replaced broken tab on the radio that
best buy broke.I did not realized that through the ash tray slot were two more screws but figured
it out after looking at the old one. :)

when i got the old one out i realized best buy spliced into the 12v socket for my xm radio. i was able to swap
over the wires from the old to the new without any problems. i also replaced the ash tray light with a new long life bulb while i had it out. fyi no way can you change the bulb without removing i from the dash.

I got it all back together and jill walked by and said "make sure ou plugged everything back."

I replied i double checked. :(

I take it for a ride to check the radio and satellite radio. I got nothing to the xm and the lighter
was not working so at this point was mad. i get back home and snake under the dash and notice i
never plugged in the main supply to the harnesd on the bezel.

all in al no longer then 20mins to do the swap took me longer to figure out how to get that shield
off the ash tray bulb.

why is jill always right. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts