Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not bad, so not a huge deal. i had a compressor, accumulator, and orifice tube installed this weekend. it's nice to finally have ac!! mechanic said, and i confirmed, that when you get on the gas, the ac goes from vent to defrost. said there is probably a vacuum leak somewhere, and that is probably also causing my p1506. anything common? sprayed the intake, no problems there.

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Not sure on the '02 models but there should be a vacuum line coming off of the passenger side of the intake that runs back to the firewall with a little check valve inline. This line controls the vacuum for the HVAC controls. Check for cracked elbows around there as well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just to add more info that may be helpful, it's not just when the a/c is on that the car goes to defrost. i can have the climate control unit completely off, and if i get on the gas, you can see the windshield fogging up. stops when the load is removed.

·
Super Moderator
8,625 Posts
There is a vac storage cannister inside the pass fender that, along with the check valve, stores vac for HVAC system. Line to cannister could be broken / fallen off, cannister cracked, etc.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
put the new check valve in, no change. didn't think that was going to work anyways! saw the white line running into the fenderwell, but no way to get to it in the time i had available. sprayed about every vacuum or rubber lie in the engine with carb cleaner, heard no difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts