Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Originally posted by Grandpoohbah+Sep 16 2006, 04:39 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grandpoohbah @ Sep 16 2006, 04:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tony Two-Tone@Sep 16 2006, 09:10 AM
:bump: am I the only one going?
I'll probably be there. Anyone wanna help me put in a tranny cooler? :ph34r: Look at it this way, I won't have my G3 rear disc setup by then, so you guys escape that one! :unsure: [/b][/quote]
Tranny cooler's easy. Have you picked one yet?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Originally posted by Grandpoohbah@Sep 17 2006, 03:59 AM
Yea I have one that I got from Summit. I've had it for awhile now. In fact, the last Dyno Day it was in my trunk! :lol2:
:lol2: Cool, we got to set aside a Saturday or something and get it done.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Originally posted by Tony Two-Tone+Sep 19 2006, 11:05 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tony Two-Tone @ Sep 19 2006, 11:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Grandpoohbah@Sep 17 2006, 03:59 AM
Yea I have one that I got from Summit. I've had it for awhile now. In fact, the last Dyno Day it was in my trunk!  :lol2:
:lol2: Cool, we got to set aside a Saturday or something and get it done.[/b][/quote]
No worries man, I talked to Tony at North Texas Performance. He's giving me a good deal to mount up the new cooler, flush/refill the tranny and to sell/install a full set of ASFB's. Gonna have it done this Friday. :horns: ...Now is that offer extended for my G3 rear brake conversion? :p I'm hoping Tony lets me hang around and soak up some knowledge...maybe let me hand him tools or whatnot. :x:

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Originally posted by Grandpoohbah+Sep 20 2006, 03:10 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grandpoohbah @ Sep 20 2006, 03:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Tony [email protected] 19 2006, 11:05 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Grandpoohbah
@Sep 17 2006, 03:59 AM
Yea I have one that I got from Summit. I've had it for awhile now. In fact, the last Dyno Day it was in my trunk!  :lol2:

No worries man, I talked to Tony at North Texas Performance. He's giving me a good deal to mount up the new cooler, flush/refill the tranny and to sell/install a full set of ASFB's. Gonna have it done this Friday. :horns: ...Now is that offer extended for my G3 rear brake conversion? :p I'm hoping Tony lets me hang around and soak up some knowledge...maybe let me hand him tools or whatnot. :x: [/b][/quote]
Damn! Ya hear that...? crickets...! :p

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Originally posted by Grandpoohbah+Sep 21 2006, 03:17 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grandpoohbah @ Sep 21 2006, 03:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2006, 03:10 PM

No worries man, I talked to Tony at North Texas Performance. He's giving me a good deal to mount up the new cooler, flush/refill the tranny and to sell/install a full set of ASFB's. Gonna have it done this Friday. :horns: ...Now is that offer extended for my G3 rear brake conversion? :p I'm hoping Tony lets me hang around and soak up some knowledge...maybe let me hand him tools or whatnot. :x:
Damn! Ya hear that...? crickets...! :p [/b][/quote]
I tried my best to find a .wav of crickets chirping to link here...I'll keep looking! :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
hey im going...im also prolly gonna do the cannonball afterwards....and whats the point of a tranny cooler? etc...im not that tech on cars..mainly show not alot of performance in my head

im thinkin maybe doin a SHO swap(s/c?) if it'd hook up w/ my tranny and not tear it to hell

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Originally posted by Grandpoohbah+Sep 24 2006, 12:40 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grandpoohbah @ Sep 24 2006, 12:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2006, 03:10 PM

Damn! Ya hear that...? crickets...! :p
I tried my best to find a .wav of crickets chirping to link here...I'll keep looking! :D [/b][/quote]
:lol2: Sure, I can lend a hand. Sorry, I didnt reply, it seemed like there were only like 2 people replying in the thread so i kinda let it slip my mind. I must warn though, I have no idea how to do a rear disc swap so it looks like we will be doing some TCCA searching on this one. I'm still rocking drums on my Gen II. I have already got used to going around a track w/non ABS rear drums and havent really felt the need to switch. My wheel/tire combo is lighter than stock too, so no worries there.

Sable_Punk, please tell me you're not serious with that whole "why a tranny cooler" thing. The Taurus/Sable are known for their transmission failures, sometimes with no warning at all, and in more recent Gens before 100K miles. I am on #3 in my 93, at least this time I had the sense to get a modded/built one. The 1st 2 replacements were free under warranty.

·
Registered
283 Posts
yea i was dead serious.....all 3 taurus i have had had never had the prob.....my 95 GL didnt.....my 95 sable...okay well it didnt really fail as much as the gears got messd up and my 01 hasnt yet.......however i think my 'rents 2000 may of had some probs recently......

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Nuts, I wish I'd known about this a week ago, as I need to dyno the car again after installing my Flowmaster. Got a family git-together Saturday, and can't squeeze it and a 3 hr drive each way into the same day. I paid $50 for my first two pulls, and happened to get the air/fuel thrown in for free because a pal referred me. $35 for 3 pulls is a STEAL!
Excellent pix of the previous dyno day. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Originally posted by Daveb673@Sep 29 2006, 08:50 PM
Nuts, I wish I'd known about this a week ago, as I need to dyno the car again after installing my Flowmaster. Got a family git-together Saturday, and can't squeeze it and a 3 hr drive each way into the same day. I paid $50 for my first two pulls, and happened to get the air/fuel thrown in for free because a pal referred me. $35 for 3 pulls is a STEAL!
Excellent pix of the previous dyno day. Thanks!
:lol2:mad:"nuts"

No worries man, we will do it again. And even before then I believe we have enough members in the DFW area to all get together and have lunch one day or a show-n-shine or something.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
About this Discussion
51 Replies
10 Participants
Tony Two-Tone
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing