Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! This is offically my first post here since I've owned my Duratec Taurus, I mainly have hung out on SHOforum since I had my '97 and my '92 SHO's with the nice folks of the Capital SHO club.

Anyway, here she is. I'm sorry I don't have any before pics, but it had the typical dealership detailed signs (RIDS, lots of micromarring, and buffer holograms.) I spent a few hours on it a couple weekends ago with Menzerna intensive polish and my yellow pad on my PC. That took care of 80-85% of all the major stuff. If you want a nice easy all in one to use after correction, I HIGHLY reccomend Optimum Poli-Seal. It corrects minor swirling and seals and waxes at the same time.

This weekend I used:

Wash with Meguiars NXT wash
Optimum Poli-Seal on my PC speed 4-5 on a white pad
Top off with P21S Carnuba
Then topped that with Duragloss Aquawax

On to the pics! I don't know what photobucket did to them during the upload but you get the point. :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Looks sharp. B)
I always have liked a black vehicle, matter of fact my Sport Trac is black!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice job on the Taurus :thumb: Black cars look great when they're cleaned up, but it's difficult to keep them looking that way.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
:werd: with tRus.

Car looks great! :thumb:

And......welcome to the club!! :ford:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Black Taurus, nice B) Looks like a black interior too...man what a nice combination!

What happened to the DOHC badge on the passenger fender?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for all the kind words!

The Poli-Seal does a great job of eleminating the swirls along with the polishing i've already done.

I have a Black interior with all the wood grain stuff (I don't know what photobucket did to this pic either)

And, I need to buy the DOHC badge, it was missing when I bought the car for some reason. It does not appear to have been painted, I think the crappy detailers at the dealership knocked it off when they were buffing it.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Nice interior wood package!! :thumb:

I wonder if an 04 wood wheel like yours would fit in my 03 SEL?? :dunno:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (duraSEL @ Mar 25 2009, 07:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=712267
Nice interior wood package!! :thumb:

I wonder if an 04 wood wheel like yours would fit in my 03 SEL?? :dunno:[/b]
Thanks!

I think it should fit, unless the connectors on the clockspring are different than 00-03. I guess the only way to tell is take one of each apart. :x:

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Can I try yours?? :lol2:
I have a black interior too.
I have every available option on the 03 SEL except the wood wheel. :eek:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Nice job Timmay!

Poli-Seal is regarded as a great product, per Optimum it is the same chemistry as Klass AIO, but with some minor diminishing abrasives that help with minor scratches/swirls as you stated.

Nice choice of products!

If I may add some constructive criticism. I'd like to bring attention to your application of the Duragloss Aquawax (AW) on top of the P21S product. In this case you had layered a spray sealant on top of a carnuba wax. Usually it's best to apply a sealant underneath a wax as the durability of a sealant is longer than of a wax. Ultimately the longevity of your AW is dependent on how long the wax stays bonded with the paint surface. I believe you are referring to P21S 100% as you mentioned carnuba. This is all user dependent, but I like to try to maximize my efforts and help them last the longest when possible.

In experience, I've found AW to last a decent amount of time on it's own. I use it as a maintenance sealant to boost my Chemical Guy's M-Seal application after I wash my cars. It helps restore that slick feeling to the paint.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I may add some constructive criticism. I'd like to bring attention to your application of the Duragloss Aquawax (AW) on top of the P21S product. In this case you had layered a spray sealant on top of a carnuba wax. Usually it's best to apply a sealant underneath a wax as the durability of a sealant is longer than of a wax. Ultimately the longevity of your AW is dependent on how long the wax stays bonded with the paint surface. I believe you are referring to P21S 100% as you mentioned carnuba. This is all user dependent, but I like to try to maximize my efforts and help them last the longest when possible.[/b]
Thanks for the input. I detail it so often that I sometimes switch what I use first. Next time i'll start using the QD first and then waxing, I may see a difference in shine!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts