Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. here is what i have.

1x Sony XM-D400P5

200w RMS x1 @ 4 Ohms
400w RMS x1 @ 2 Ohms

2x Sony 10" P5 Subs

1100w Peak
300w RMS

I was told if i bridge the damn thing ill get good sound.
So i tried.. but im getting cruddy sound. and I think i screwed it....
I would really like some help here.
But first I will explain what i did!

At the amp... I have 2 (+) and 2 (-)

I ran 2 seperate wires... 1 wire to each sub. I connected BOTH of those wires to 1
(yes i said 1) of the (+) (-) outputs on the AMP

Ok.. so.. thats what i did.. is it right? Did i fuq up? should i change it?!!?

So.. heres how it looks.

http://members.rogers.com/kaibacorp/wiring.gif' alt='' width='300' height='300' class='attach' />[/url]

Thanks a Thousand Guys

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
That's not bridging the amp. that's running two subs in parallel on one channel of a two channel amp.

There should be a second set of terminal labels on the side of the amp that tell you which posts to use when bridging. It's usually the positive leg of one channel, and the negative leg of the other channel.

With the subs running in parallel like that, you have too little resistance for that amp. That's why it sounds like crap. Hopefully you didn't run it for too long in that setup, or you might have done some damage to the amp.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not to worry... i only got the amp in january and it has a 1 year "Brainless" warranty... DO i know me or WHAT!?!!

ok..

so as to your comment.

I still use both sets of wires and 2 Positives go to one POS and 2 Negs go to the other NEG? im assuming the one positive and the one negative filled in white are the ones they mean right?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh. but it is a "mono" amp... dunno if that changes anything!

Thanks silvapain!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Go to this site:

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1420

And read at the bottom of the page. It says that even though there are two sets of speaker outs, they are on the same channel. So I would just put one speaker in one set, and the other in the other set.

To help clarify the issue, bridging is when you take two or more channels in a multiple channel amp, and put them together into one, more powerful channel. In an amp, each channel is actually a separate mini-amp inside. Each channel operates independantly, and by combining them you can increase the overall output to the speaker. But your amp is already only one channel, so you can't bridge it.

I hope this helps, and I'm sorry if I sounded irritated. I did not mean to come off that way.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahhh!! Thanks very very much silvapain!!

No probs.. i just didnt wanna aggravate.. but a friend of mine had crappy old Jensens sounding better than mine!! lol Oh well.. guess i will pull one set off and put it on the other spot. it says they are wired in parallel inside the amp.. so i should be getting all i can from them.

Thanks for all your help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts