Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, probably around 12 midnight, I was working and another worker came in to tell me he saw a truck open its door and hit my car several times. so I go outside to see this 1999 Black Ford F-150 on top of my SEL and there are 3 dents on that same side where this truck was. so I called my brother at home to bring down the digital camera and I called the cops because of the dents and they sent 4 seperate cars down just for this.
The pics of the dents didn't come out as I will take new pics in the sun. the dents are bigger than they look. I got the insurance and all thet info off the guy but he was drunk, its too bad he wasn't driving when the cops got there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Oh come on now... look at that third pic. And they deny they did it. Exactly how did they get out of the truck, then? Did the truck park itself? Did they jump out of the cab and let it coast to a stop? Because there isn't a way they could get out of that truck parked that close without some kind of damage.

I was waiting at a Denny's parking lot once for a buddy of mine and this older guy pulls up REALLY close to me (I had backed in, he pulls in nose-first so both drivers sides of each car are right next to each other). He puts his car in park. He goes to open the door and WHAMS it directly into my car (I had a buick century at the time). Then he slammed the door shut and whammed it against my car again. He repeated this process three more times. I had the window down and I said "Excuse me, you just kept hitting my car." "No I didn't! Damn rich kids ..." he started goin off on me so I just moved my car. Yeah, us "rich kids". Rich kids always drive an 11 year old buick century.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I extend my condolences. Mine was also wacked, but in a parking lot. Unfortunately, it happens all the time here. Hit and run. Some of them don't have insurance, some are drunk and some are so out if it, they don't realize they just hit a vehicle. I'm glad in your case, you have the person who did the damage. Time to make him pay for his behaviour. Still, sorry it had to happen to you.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Originally posted by SEL2000@Oct 7 2004, 12:16 AM
I called the cops because of the dents and they sent 4 seperate cars down just for this.
I got the insurance and all thet info off the guy but he was drunk, its too bad he wasn't driving when the cops got there.
Was this guy around when the cops were there? If he was drunk it they could have arrested him for that.

Sorry about your car, I was cleaning mine up yesterday and noticed all the door dings on it. People just don't seem to care that they screw someone else's property up.

Mike
B)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The owner of the truck was definatly drunk, he couldn't stand straight but his buddy was supposedly driving. Now the employee that told me someone dented my car all up said that the guy that was drunk rolled out of the drivers side door and thus hitting my car.
He was sitting in the passenger seat when the cops arrived. so no arrests were made.
do you see that white SUV on the other side ot the truck? He also put a huge dent in that one chipping the paint and leaving hit black paint on it too.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit@Oct 7 2004, 02:48 PM
Dents happen <_< sad but true. You should see how everyone parks at my school. I had to park in two spots and they STILL park VERY close to me. I have several small door dings from them.
Maybe they park real close to make the point that you shouldn't hog two spaces with one car. If your school is anything like the junior college I work at, there is a terrible shortage of parking spaces.

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
I have made a habit out of parking about as far away from the building as I can. Thay way I am use to it when I get my car repainted. People have no respect for other peoples cars. :angry:

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by sfhess+Oct 7 2004, 02:54 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sfhess @ Oct 7 2004, 02:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Firespirit@Oct 7 2004, 02:48 PM
Dents happen <_< sad but true. You should see how everyone parks at my school. I had to park in two spots and they STILL park VERY close to me. I have several small door dings from them.
Maybe they park real close to make the point that you shouldn't hog two spaces with one car. If your school is anything like the junior college I work at, there is a terrible shortage of parking spaces. [/b][/quote]
Na, we have millions of parking spaces. People at my school just don't know how to drive, and I try to protect my car by parking in two spaces. There's over 100 parking spaces at my school, and only about 50 or so actually drive/are allowed to drive. They are all just morons!

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
My cousin bought a 71 Mach 1 new. He was always very careful about where it was parked. He would park at the far edge of a parking lot, away form other vehicles, whenever he could. Sometimes he would take two spaces. THen one night someone worked it over with a can opener.

Then there was the guy where I went to college who had a Porsche 911S. He would take FOUR parking spaces whenever he could.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't even see how that would be possible for such a small car to take up 4 spaces even in Japan, unless he started throwing out some road cones or something :huh:

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
He would park in the center of two rows, two spaces. No concrete wheel stops.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Try parking in England, SHEESH!!!

When I go to the market in Bury St Edmunds, I sometimes pay for two parking spots since the spots are so small over here.

Being that it is a brand new car, there aren't any dents in the doors, and I'm not looking to start anytime soon.

However, I was backed into already when I was at the post office. Funny thing was it was a guy that works for me. We worked it out, he paid for everything!! Well, it worked out for me anyhow.

I drove my car through London once. Parking spots?? I don't think they know what those are there. I ended parking in a wrong spot and got a 50 pound fine. That was almost 100 US dollars :angry:

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
:( If that would have happened to me, the cops would have been called not for dents, but for homicide :eek:

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
u could sue him in court for the emocional stress caused but him denting your car. hahahahahahhaha

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
u could sue him in court for the emocional stress caused but him denting your car. hahahahahahhaha
lol yeah I just bought my car 4 months ago, i'm going out of my mind lol j/k I am pissed off that it happend though, and what makes me mad is my car wasn't parked there all night long, I moved it 10 mintutes before so I wouldn't have to walk accross the street again and so my car wouldn't be in the dark cause there are no lights in the emplyee parking.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts