Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My employer no longer provides dental insurance.. only medical.

Since last week I had a slight swelling along the gum around the wisdom teeth.
and I dont have dental insurance.
I am not sure if this is a simple problem? I have never had any dental problems...

I am searching the web on dental insurance.
Can some one suggest something reasonable....

I saw that even sams club offers a dental discount program...

J

·
0 Posts
I have the same problem... wisdom teeth coming out that is. Mine are going to be taken out in 2 weeks, not looking forward to it
but my orthodontist, dentist and oral surgeon say they need to come out. But I didn't sign up for dental insurance and there are only certain times I can enroll <_< So I have to pay $1300 to get them removed.

The oral surgeon I am going to offered me a credit card thing they have where you get a line of credit that is just big enough to cover the procedure and then it gives you 90 days same as cash and then only like 5% interest after that. You might want to see if your oral surgeon's office has any info about that.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Originally posted by sundarpn@Apr 10 2004, 11:06 PM
My employer no longer provides dental insurance.. only medical.

Since last week I had a slight swelling along the gum around the wisdom teeth.
and I dont have dental insurance.
I am not sure if this is a simple problem? I have never had any dental problems...

I am searching the web on dental insurance.
Can some one suggest something reasonable....

I saw that even sams club offers a dental discount program...
i am not sure. i will check up on this with mother. I thought you can just get the Cobra Insurance the only other way i can see is by siging up for cobra health program.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what corba insurance.. a dental insurance?
well, all I need is to sign up for a dental insurance.. get that wisdom tooth stuff solved & then cancel the insurance..

I am not sure.. if I need the wisdom tooth remove.. I guess its just trying to come out of the gums...aka grow. There is no pain as such just a little irritation in the gums..

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Originally posted by sundarpn@Apr 11 2004, 02:38 PM
what corba insurance.. a dental insurance?
well, all I need is to sign up for a dental insurance.. get that wisdom tooth stuff solved & then cancel the insurance..

I am not sure.. if I need the wisdom tooth remove.. I guess its just trying to come out of the gums...aka grow.  There is no pain as such just a little irritation in the gums..
http://www.cobrahealth.com/

It is the alternative if employers drop you off their insurance program.

Individual Quotes Form

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Originally posted by sundarpn@Apr 11 2004, 02:38 PM
I guess its just trying to come out of the gums...aka grow. There is no pain as such just a little irritation in the gums..
there will eventually be pain as the teeth tries to come out in the open by tearing the above mentioned gums. the irritation will turn into pain. also there is a chance that it may come out crooked since it is pushing against the existing teeth. Best advise, do not chew anything hard (pita bread, Pizza crust, apples) on that side of the mouth where the wisdom teeth is coming out. also get a bottle of Orajel just in case if pain begins to appear in the area. Trust me, you will need it. Wisdom teeth pain is not very cool thing to carry around. also after removing the teeth, you will feel the sharp pain for around 4 to 5 days.

Hope all turns out well

Take care
John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts