Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,940 Posts
Coil

The coil on my 2002 Vulcan Sable is misfiring on cyl #1, so I got this coil off Amazon. Yes, I've already replaced the wires and plugs with Autolite replacements. Has anyone on here used this brand before? Just looking for any feedback on quality, longevity, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Delphi-GN10179-GN10179-11B1-Ignition-Coil
At least that coil has some ID.

I replaced the one on my '03 DOHC, car bought used. Had a random misfire, choppy idle, but ran great above idle. Does not sound like coil, plugs, wires. BUT, how knows?

I replaced the coil with used one "FORD" from junk yard. Runs fine now. The coil on the car, had NO id on it, nothing. Did not look like the FORD coil in detail, but did have the correct plug and wire config.

You do not see many parts on a car with no ID. You expect to see "made in China" at least. Anyway, I gave $30 for OEM coil and it works fine.

-chart-

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$30 for OEM, do you mean a used origional part? I didn't know if they sell new/unused OEM parts still. I almost bought a used one from a salvage shop for $50, but I saw the new one on sell for only $60 and I jumped on it cause it was the best price I saw for a new one online. I should get it by tomorrow, can't wait to install it.

·
Registered
10,940 Posts
$30 for OEM, do you mean a used origional part? I didn't know if they sell new/unused OEM parts still. I almost bought a used one from a salvage shop for $50, but I saw the new one on sell for only $60 and I jumped on it cause it was the best price I saw for a new one online. I should get it by tomorrow, can't wait to install it.
For me $30 at Pick A Part for original Motorcraft. I got to look over several to find one from a low miles car. OE as that is what came on the car.

Judging from how few have been removed at the yard, they must not have a big failure rate.

-chart-

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't wait till morning, went out there with a work light and changed it over, the Sable runs like a dream!!! I sure hope this fixes the 20 mpg average I'm getting on 80% highway miles. Also, its nice not seeing that damn check engine light on all the time.

·
Registered
10,940 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This post was about the Delphi ignition coil I just put on my Vulcan engine, thats why I linked that video. Maybe you could start a new thread about the DOHC and it's coil replacement process?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts