• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
14,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Entrants: You MUST vote! Please vote for a car other than your own.

It's time to vote for December everyone!

VOTE INFORMED!

VOTE SMART!

Thefranchise713
Oriolesaredabest
TaurusDailyDriver
Matt_aka_Dale
Josh

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Voted for Paul, his cars have always been my favorite :)

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,057 Posts
All the Gen 1 and Wagon lovers are in for a treat this month...

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Voted for Paul, his cars have always been my favorite :)
Right? His car has too much of a story for me to vote elsewhere.

Tenol004 said:
I want that interceptor grill! For now I'm stuck with the plasti-dip and shattered dreams :'(
It's a low cost of admission to the club, friend! Installation is the bigger pain, sadly.

But the results are killer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fingers are crossed for a wrecked one to come across craigslist for parts sometime soon. I live in Minnesota, and its unbelievable how many people follow <10ft. behind someone in the middle of a blizzard...almost all the wrecked interceptors you see here have rear-end damage. Have you thought about taking out the "fender vents" and painting those to match the grill? I did mine a few months back and love it, but everyone has their tastes! Thought about painting the trim pieces for the doors, but have heard horror stories about how easily they break upon removal, and ford wants $170 for each piece... noooo thanks!

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Check the part with Tasca, and of course the other vendors on this site. It was well under 200 shipped.

Considered it, but I have too much chrome otherwise. I'm not sure if I want more or less of it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
I will do that, thanks for the advice!

I definitely understand the chrome dilemma, chrome and black has a certain luxury to it that's hard to compare to!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Upon looking at the photos...I noticed that Josh and Daily Driver have similar dents in almost exactly same place...interesting

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Lol wow, didn't notice his dents lol, both of ours caused by the previous owners haha

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,057 Posts
Smacked it on a curb, most likely.

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
You want less.
So one of my thoughts was to dip all the window chrome. And then perhaps glossy dip the summer wheels. And if I were really smart, I would either drop in HID from the SHO or somehow turn the housing that's not part of a reflector assembly for the lights to black. Kind of like the old 08-12 Escape Sport Appearance Package headlights.

But this gets expensive after a while. Sigh.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
What, no wagons?!!!!

Now I have to think. Ouch.

·
Has It Been That Long?
12,057 Posts
So one of my thoughts was to dip all the window chrome. And then perhaps glossy dip the summer wheels. And if I were really smart, I would either drop in HID from the SHO or somehow turn the housing that's not part of a reflector assembly for the lights to black. Kind of like the old 08-12 Escape Sport Appearance Package headlights.

But this gets expensive after a while. Sigh.
I like some modest chrome accents, too much black is pushing it. That's why my wheels are remaining the way they are.

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Only one SHO this month ;) :lol2:
Only one G6, too. ;)

I like some modest chrome accents, too much black is pushing it. That's why my wheels are remaining the way they are.
That's my other thought.

In the summer, the silver wheels really accent the other chrome well. Was also tempted to pick up some chrome mirror caps, but then there's a lot of chrome on the side without matching the grille.

Would be a bit different if I had the lower chrome near the lip that the Limited has, and the chrome surround on the grille itself (think Five Hundred)... I could go on all night. Shame I'm not talented enough to Photoshop any of this!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Franchise,

FWIW, I tried dipping the window trim pieces, but it really doesn't turn out too well. I've had plenty of experience dipping cars, and theres something about the way the trim meets the weatherstripping that the dip doesn't peel correctly, and it ends up lifting from the trim. Tried dipping them three times, then gave up.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.