Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OPEN NOW!
Another month.... ANOTHER CHANCE TO TAKE IT ALL!!! This is your last chance of 2014 to get in the running for COTM!

Anyone can submit, you don't even have to have a super fancy decked out car! Generally the entrants have modified their cars, but anyone can enter.

PLEASE SUBMISSIONS ON THIS THREAD ONLY! I will not include any submissions started as a new thread and will just delete those threads.

PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE SUBMITTING!
Click Here to View the Submission Rules

Voting begins the 15th and ends at the end of the month! There are room for up to 8 entries, first come first serve! If all 8 are filled before the 15th, voting will start as soon as the slots are filled.

PLEASE, NO DISCUSSION HERE, ONLY SUBMISSIONS!

Any other talk or banter will be deleted. Please only ONE post per entrant! However feel free to submit many pictures (specify voting picture) and give a backstory or tell about your modifications if applicable.

You MUST post at the very least 3 pictures. 2 of the exterior(an angled front shot, and an opposite rear shot), and 1 of the interior. The car should be clean, and the photos should be of good quality in good weather. Old pictures are fine as long as they represent your car the way it currently sits.

The winner of this months car of the month will be promoted on the websites home page for a month!

You can only do this one time: If you actually are reading all of this stuff I'm writing, PM SAM and tell him you're reading it and he'll give you a free 25 days of premium membership. If you already have a premium membership then he'll jump you up to 20 days platinum membership. If you already have a platinum membership, then thank you very much for reading and feel free to PM him and let me know you did!

The winner will also receive a 1 year FREE Premium Supporter subscription to the site! This means no advertisements, and a forum where only supporters may converse.

Please remember to read the rules which are stuck at the top of the Car of the Month forum. Remember, more than just Tauruses and Sables are accepted in this contest! A few other similar Ford cars are. Check the rules to find out!

You will also be entered in the 2014 COTY contest. The winner of that will win a LIFETIME PLATINUM membership!

·
Gen 5/6 Forum Moderator
3,017 Posts
Meet Bull 2.0, a 2014 Ford Taurus SEL AWD. We'll be celebrating our first anniversary together in January.

Voting Shot:

You may remember me from Carlisle:

Where I made a lot of friends:

Then again, we did too in Albany:

...and Toronto/Oakville!

Shot of the interior. Stock... save for some WeatherTech's getting hard use:

...although I love this little detail, too.

And a little vanity doesn't hurt either:

But sometimes, even a Bull needs a little Buffalo to guide the way, particularly when this Bull hails from Buffalo!

But we're also not afraid to get a little dirty:

Snow tires are presently on as shown in the pictures with the black wheels. Other pictures are of the summer/stock rims.

Modifications:

-WeatherTech front floor mats and window visors all around
-All Wheel Drive gauge (see build thread)
-Police Interceptor grille
-LUKAS LK-7900 dashcam
-Activation of amber DRLs
-Swapped out door speakers
-Ford Remote Access (cellular based remote start/anti-theft)

·
Registered
18 Posts
December 2014 COTM Submission - 2004 Taurus

I guess I will start the entries for December.
I have a 2004 Taurus that I have owned for a little over three years.
I bought it from my sister who bought it from my Uncle.
IMG_1329.jpg
Voting Pic
View attachment 129465
It is custom painted Performance red and black.
IMG_0320.jpg
Flat black painted wheels with matching red trim.
Dual Cherry Bomb Glasspacks.
IMG_0598 (1).jpg
Carbon fiber wrapped hood.
IMG_1239.jpg
Aftermarket stereo system with custom made carbon fiber dash kit.
Tinted windows.
K&N air filter.
IMG_1246.jpg
LED strips,Fog lights, and HID headlights.
IMG_1242.jpg
Blue LED interior lighting.
Super white LED map lights.
Matching red seat covers.
IMG_1249.jpg
Tinted tail lights.
IMG_1267.jpg
IMG_1248.jpg
IMG_0417.jpg

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Oh what the heck...

I will enter my 2005 Ford Taurus SE FFV... The beater. Has 129k miles. This car is my winter junk pile to keep the salt off my Fusion. I lost my 2006 cause of salt and rust, and I'll be damned if the Fusion gets salted!

Anyways this car has taken a transformation. Bought for $700 in da hood, it had front end damage, the interior was absolutely disgusting and reeked of pot, the wheels did not match, the back bumper was completely peeled, and it ran like crap.

I gave the car new life... it now runs like a champ, got matching wheels, a new (used) back bumper, a compete junkyard interior with 68k miles of use, a new used fender, a key fob so keyless works, a mach amp and tweeters, my trunk mounted CD changer set up from my 2006 Taurus, an autodimming mirror, a woodgrain upgrade, some oem centennials I had laying around, some Taurus mudflaps that were once on Josh's 2001 SES, green LED underglow from the 2006, and LED interior lamps and plate lights for added fun. Oh, and some stickers because! It is surprisingly reliable, and I could not be happier with my winter ride. Although, honestly, I cannot wait til spring to get back in the Fusion. The Taurus is rusty and slow.

Oh and here ya go.. pictures:

And just for good measure... this is what the car started as:

·
Registered
80 Posts
2003 Ford Taurus SE
Vulcan 3.0 OHC
Dark Shadow Grey

This actually is my second Taurus I've owned. The 1st was totaled, parked on the street, by a drunk woman. Anyway, since it was the same car, I took off the aftermarket parts and moved them to this one. Ironically its one year newer, same color, but with a few thousand more miles on it and better gas mileage.

As far as what I've done to it, and i'm not done,
but here is whats added:
-Two Glowshift gauges--Volt and Trans temp
-Axle-back straight pipe(no muffler)
-Rain guards
-Removed airbox silencer
-Aftermarket radio deck
-Sony Xplod radio
-Sony Xplod 1000W Amp w/ 2 Power Acoustic Kript series subwoofers
-Mustang Mach 1 chin splitter
-Aftermarket spoiler(personally painted)
-Fog lights(behind the grille)
-Green LED underglow
Now this car had a stock spoiler so I had to replace the rear shelf trim piece with one that could accommodate a third brake light that I also had to get.

Voting photo
10736387_958347327513951_2099488633_o.jpg

10736454_963633006985383_2060552874_o.jpg

10732412_957978434217507_984755422_o.jpg

10722508_956981760983841_903730924_o.jpg

10703045_941189192563098_491853268_o.jpg

10854078_990567000958650_438962861_o.jpg

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Submitting my 1996 Ford Taurus SHO.

Engine: 3.4L Yamaha/Cosworth/Ford 32V DOHC V8
Trans: AX4N
Odometer: 119K
Color: 1 of 58 ever produced with Rose Mist Metallic paint.
Interior: Graphite Gray Leather

My fully documented baby is going up for voting. She is almost all stock, but still worthy of your vote because she is so rare and quite the looker! She was brought home looking like this:

But now, she looks like this!

Voting Pic:

Obligitory Interior Shot:

Mods:
"TAURUS" License Plate Frame

Planned Mods (after it is fully repaired):
LED Interior Illumination
98-99 Front Signal Housings
Painted Brake Calipers
GE Nighthawk Platinum Headlights
Window Tint

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
sousa632
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing