Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too many negative responses to a simple post meant to be halfhearted..

thanks guys

·
Registered
712 Posts
Don't launch my Taurus into the air?

OK. Thanks.

G

·
This post should be titled

"Dear God, Dont let me drive your car"

LOL Did you soad the bolts in Lubricant? (i.e. WD40)

Then why did you cut the pipe?? LOL You still coulda saved the manifold flange...lol

Did yout think this process through??

LOL You've learned your lesson! :homer:

G

·
I went over some tracks that were right before a large intersection.. I landed on the other side of the intersection with only a harsh bottoming of the front suspension.. but.. umm.. my feet were a bit numb. :huh:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sablesal... yeah.. i went to a LOT of trouble to make sure the Manifold would come away from the y pipe... all to no avail. It started to turn the just broke.
After i got real upset i decided to cut away the one side of the y pipe.. after the catalytic converter and before the "y" actually.. in between the 2 brackets and then i used a pipe to join em... i plan to get my local shop to weld em to make sure they're sealed

As i stated earlier i was real tired when i got back and didnt fully explain my post.. lol but what the basis of the whole topic was, was that its pretty dang hard to change an oilpan without the proper tools.

As for the other negative comments
Thanks for the support, it was meant as a lighthearted venting of the trouble i went through today. really appreciate it

P.S Rudedog... just so you know.. i WAS being sarcastic.. i was in the middle of nowhere and wasnt aware the tracks were so screwed up and on a bump.. i wouldnt intentionally launch my car and cost myself hours and hours of labour and cash for parts.. i'm not rich... or id be driving a bmw =]

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Dude, yer gettin a dell!!!!! Git yer panties out of their knot. Take a joke, I applaude the fact that you did the work yourself. It's the only way to learn. As for the crack about the Darwin award, SHOCont. does deserve it more, mainly because he sounds like Paul Herman"I meant to do that!!!!!" ha ha.

And as far as drivin a BMW.......nowadays the ONLY way you can drive one is if your rich........But gimme my bull ANYDAY!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Why censor yourself? I know the feeling though, especially the kind of day I had today. You can't make everyone happy. Be happy that you know where to even start on something like this. I don't have that luxary, but I am learning.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Yeah i can admit i'm guilt of this too. I was going through an intersection at around 35-40 (the speed limit) and i wasn't aware of it until it happened but there is a pretty good dip in the intersection that's not overly visible until its too late and i ended up bottoming out on the front suspension and slightly denting the trans pan.

I checked and found the damage when i got back to work (where i was heading at the time it happened). Other then scratches and a slight dent i made it out ok but i did smash my head on the roof and i had a slight tingling in the feet from the landing for a short time after :lol2:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh yeah.. i was sure pissed when i did it.. LOL

Not cool.. cruisin along.. listen to tunes at like 12 am trying to get home.. most of the train crossings where i live.. (Orillia Ontario Canada) are pretty level.. i saw the train X'ing signs and figured itd be more of the same.. by the time i realized it was about 30 degree angle... and same down the other side... i was airborn NOT cool. anyways.. the work was a damn pain in the a**... and i didnt mean to sound like my "panties were in a knot" but i was venting =]

"Note to self.. OILPANS SUCK"

Peace all =]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts