Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under my car checking up on things, and noticed a green sticker on the bottom of my transmission pan that says "Dealer Exchange Program". I know my car was a rental car for its first 20,000 miles/ 1st year of life (carfax)...was my car just part of a program where the vehical was exchanged for another at a certain point? Or does this mean my transmission was replaced at some point, exchanged for a rebuilt one? I'm just curious as I have 143k on the tranny, and the fluid is getting a little dark (its due for its maintence, hoping thats all it is... I plan on doing this soon as well as an aftermarket boost valve to solve the very occasional rough downshift.)
But yeah... that stickers buggin the heck outta me <_<

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump de da bump bump de dum bump bump bump....

Think my trannys original or "exchanged"?

Think its gonna poop on me soon? I can get transmissions for $75 at my local salvage pull it yard.... tourqe converters are $25, then again they should have a 50% off day soon now that winter is coming....maybe i'll yank one with 80k on it and attempt a self rebuild....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Next time try searching because this question has been answered many many times. It is just a tag that applies to failures within the first 12 months of service. If the unit fails before 12 months it is considered factory defective and the dealer would call the 1-800 number and probably get a P.O. or something to get a replacement unit and install it without diagnosing or attempting to repair it.

Short answer it is a internal Ford thing and means nothing to the consumer.

If your tranny is acting up it is probably because of "lots of miles" as your sig says. Most likely do to it being a rental car before you owned it.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answer, and I would have used the search if it didnt keep timing out on me at work...but thanks for the nasty tone anyways :unsure: ..but at least you answered :banana: . If everyone searched the boards for everything, I'm sure the club would be 80% dead. It was just a question, sorry it was such an inconvienience to you. And the sig says lotsa mods :D

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm home and just searched, and found nothing. I searched google, found nothing.

G

·
try searching the tcca archives. I remember seeing posts about it, but dont remember. I dont think it was something major.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts