Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my radio stopped working, the panel is lit and all info is shown but no sound at all. It is the factory unit with no add ons. I just got this a week agao and am not familiar with all the controls of this car. Did I hit a mute button? Or is this a fuse? Any ideas?
It was working when I shut it off last nite and this morning, nothing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. A search shows problems with Amps etc. none of which is on this car.
Forgot: 2000 SE all stock

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Pull up the trunk liner on the rear of the car and check the connections going to the RCU (bolted to the driver's side rear wheel well). Make sure it's all firmly seated. Pop out the integrated control panel (the radio/hvac combo) and verify wires are properly connected.

Not that this helps but when my battery was about drained, the lights were sort of dim, the car wouldn't start, but I could turn the radio on/off...but no sound would come out of the speakers. If you have the owner's manual, I would check any fuse related to the RCU/ICP/radio that is in the cabin and under the hood as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was going to check that this morning and the radio is working fine today. It worked all day so will be hard to find the problem I think.
Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts