Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver's door auto lock does not work. All the others work fine, but I have to manually lock and unlock this door. I'll be checking it out this weekend, just thought I'd check and see if there is a normal problem or not.

Thanks,

-Wayne

·
Registered
148 Posts
common problem same as above get on from a junkyard all the motors are the same for the older models just change the bracket on the motor 4-5 hour project.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Mine tends to not unlock the drivers door only when it is very cold & windy out. I can manually open it with the keya nd after the interior warms up I dont have any problems with the remote keyless unlocking the door.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Originally posted by jtkz13@Jan 29 2004, 10:13 AM
Mine tends to not unlock the drivers door only when it is very cold & windy out. I can manually open it with the keya nd after the interior warms up I dont have any problems with the remote keyless unlocking the door.
I used to have a problem like that. At first I thought it was the battery in my remote, then I remembered that I just changed it last year, and those little (lithium?) batteries are supposed to last a LONG time. Anyway, it turned out that a little interior bulb (168) under my steering wheel was burned out, and when I replaced it, my remote started working all the time, and I got the distance back as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
For what it's worth....I had a similar problem with my 98 Explorer. Turns out the wire harness was damaged at the location where it enters the door. I removed the boot and traced the wires going to the switch. Sure enough there was a damaged wire.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since the vehicle has some after market speakers installed, could be that the installer failed to plug in the harness or damaged it. I'll be giving it a good checking with the VOM. If all looks good I'll grab a junk yard part and give that a try. (Or take one from a back door since I rarely use them.)

Thanks all,

-Wayne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts