Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do the de-carbon procedure to my Vulcan. In the SHOtimes FAQ it says to "Find the canister purge port on the intake manifold. It's the one near the Idle Air Bypass (IAB) valve, opposite the throttle body. Remove the hose and attach a length of vacuum hose to it. Start and warm the engine." Would this be the same for the Vulcan, and where I could find this or where could I hook this up to the Vulcan at? Any other things I should do? Thanks Guys

Nick Saturday

·
Registered
549 Posts
I think when I did it on my Vulcan I disconnected the line that goes from the intake manifold to the EGR solenoid and put the stuff into the intake manifold through that hole.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is probably a dumb question but you wouldn't happen to have a picture of the EGR solenoid and the line your talking about, along with where the PCV valve is? I would also like to replace that since its cheap and has 90,000 miles on it. Also what does PCV valve do, and can I replace the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation?) valve? is it a costly item? I would just like to do some maintence on the Vulcan

Thanks

Nick Saturday

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
the PCV valve is the Positive Crankase Veltilation valve, on the rear valve cover. It is easy to replaca. Just pop the old one out of the valve cover and the hose, and put the new one in. The EGR is much more costly and harder to replace. I wouldn't bother it if it isn't broken. You risk breaking the EGR tube, which is very fragile in a car with you kind of mileage. I broke it on mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts