Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks! This will be the last year of the Taurus. Kids will use it this summer then I hope to find it a new home. It's been sitting for 2 months so I gave it a bath, checked it over and noticed the DRLs aren't working. Checked the #32 passenger compartment fuse and the parking brake switch. Both are OK so I opened the DRL module next to the battery. There are just two relays inside. The module looks to have wires that go inside of it that are attached directly to the harness without connectors so it doesn't look like a simple plug and play if I find a junkyard part. Any thoughts? I'd like to have my 19 yr olds drive with working DRLs. Thanks!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hey,

Have a 2000 Vulcan and mine does not seem to have Daylight Running Lights, owned from new. Where are they located? Is it the low beam, turn signal or other?

Scott

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There DRL module is a box between the battery and fender. I believe DRLs were an option on fleet vehicles. Mine was my old company car from days long gone.

·
Registered
2001 Taurus SES Sedan in Chestnut
106 Posts
Hi folks! This will be the last year of the Taurus. Kids will use it this summer then I hope to find it a new home. It's been sitting for 2 months so I gave it a bath, checked it over and noticed the DRLs aren't working. Checked the #32 passenger compartment fuse and the parking brake switch. Both are OK so I opened the DRL module next to the battery. There are just two relays inside. The module looks to have wires that go inside of it that are attached directly to the harness without connectors so it doesn't look like a simple plug and play if I find a junkyard part. Any thoughts? I'd like to have my 19 yr olds drive with working DRLs. Thanks!
Ahhh another SES, my 01 SES (just turned 20 on 4/12/21, 116k, Police suspension and oversized tires) doesn't have DRLs, the only other place to check is the main power distribution box under the hood mounted to the rad support on the driver's side in front of the battery, hope it helps.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had to bust out my old Windows 7 labtop to use the ancient workshop disc. It failed test A4.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts