Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading about removing this resonator. I finally did it. I am not sure if is psychological or not but my car seems to breath better. I read somewhere it does not make much of the difference but I totally disagree. I am also suppose to have some type of roar sound but I don't. My car is not loud at all but It seems to take off like a rocket. I am not sure why is making this much of a difference but at this point I don't really care. I have a blass today. I was told if I replace the muffler with a high flow it will improve substancially. So guess what is next?

Anyway. lots of stuff in the mail. Moving along. Keep you post it.

Lucky B)

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
I am wondering if you removed the resonator from the exhaust, or the one off the airbox? I am guessing the one off the airbox. Removing the resonator from the exhaust will give you a louder exhaust, then simply add Magnaflow, of Dynamax, or Flowmaster cat-back and then you will have the sound you are probably looking for. All of this MIGHT increase your HP output by 1-2 hp, through better airflow.

Good Job keep up the good work.

~~Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am planning on custom building a CAI. I have the parts but no the time. I removed the one from the exhaust. The funny thing is that my car is not any louder just a little faster specially upon take off. I know. :werd: but it is true.

The only way I can explain it is that I have a larger diameter pipe over that section. I know it should be louder. They told me that ,but it is not. At least not that much. I am negotiating a price for a full system replacement.

1. header ?
2. 2 high flow cats
3. 2 high flow mufflers

and all the conections and labor for $ 1200.00 :dunno:

Is this high or average? I really do not know for these cars. Everything is so expensive. I did it myself for my trans-am. I only expended @ $ 400 or 500. I do not remember.

Lucky B)

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
In all reality it shouldnt be faster. It isnt a restriction.

Headers would have to be custom and would cost in the range of $1k. The rest would run aorund $500 or so at least.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. My friends said these guys do a good job. They specialized in high performace exhaust and parts. I'm planning to do it in a couple of months, as I said before I got several stuff coming in the mail. So I would like to get them in my car and plan the next project after that.

Lucky B)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts