Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for one of these plastic badges for a '90 - '91 passenger side dashboard. I'm looking for one that says SHO. Color doesn't matter, but black would be most preferred. Anyone have one? Shipping to 48036 (Clinton Township, MI).

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
QUOTE (devinpitcher @ May 31 2010, 09:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808079
I'm looking for one of these plastic badges for a '90 - '91 passenger side dashboard. I'm looking for one that says SHO. Color doesn't matter, but black would be most preferred. Anyone have one? Shipping to 48036 (Clinton Township, MI).

Thanks!

[/b]
There is a '91 SHO at a junkyard near me. I might be able to stop over there and check it this week. Assuming someone doesn't have one for you already.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (PURPL3H3YS @ May 31 2010, 11:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808085

Thanks!

[/b]
There is a '91 SHO at a junkyard near me. I might be able to stop over there and check it this week. Assuming someone doesn't have one for you already.
[/b][/quote]

Oh wow! Of all the things I could use off a same year SHO!
I really want to get the dashboard cover, like I described here too. If you could get that too, I would be ecstatic. If you are able to get it, can you include the fog light button and antenna? I need those.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
QUOTE (devinpitcher @ May 31 2010, 10:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808087
QUOTE (PURPL3H3YS @ May 31 2010, 11:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808085

Thanks!

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Oh wow! Of all the things I could use off a same year SHO!
I really want to get the dashboard cover, like I described here too. If you could get that too, I would be ecstatic. If you are able to get it, can you include the fog light button and antenna? I need those.
[/b][/quote]

I'll definitely see if I can get that too if it's in good condition.

The SHO even still has a working engine apparently too, if you're looking to go for the whole SHO conversion :lol2:

BTW, I'm in Michigan as well! The yard that has the SHO is the LKQ in Holland. Kind of far away, but if that drive is worth it to you, there are a lot of salvageable parts on it still. B)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (PURPL3H3YS @ May 31 2010, 10:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808094
whole[/i] SHO conversion :lol2:

BTW, I'm in Michigan as well! The yard that has the SHO is the LKQ in Holland. Kind of far away, but if that drive is worth it to you, there are a lot of salvageable parts on it still. B)[/b]
Haha, It's a 3 hour drive. I think I'll pass. :p
See, I have you to do the work for me! Of course with a little shipping fee involved though. :rolleyes2:
I don't if you mind though, but if you do go, maybe you could text me how much the parts are going to cost, unless I can just call and ask how much it'd be. Don't know if they're that kind of yard or not that they can tell you over the phone. The one by me isn't, but a few people on my brothers Dodge Neon forum post the price list every so often, so I always know how much I'm looking at.
Also, how much do you say shipping would be to 48036?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I'll keep an eye out... black is rare though i think.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Nick (a.k.a. walking talking encyclopedia) says SHO's only had black int. 92-93.... but I'll grab what I can find.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
QUOTE (devinpitcher @ May 31 2010, 12:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808098

BTW, I'm in Michigan as well! The yard that has the SHO is the LKQ in Holland. Kind of far away, but if that drive is worth it to you, there are a lot of salvageable parts on it still. B)[/b]
See, I have you to do the work for me! Of course with a little shipping fee involved though. :rolleyes2:
I don't if you mind though, but if you do go, maybe you could text me how much the parts are going to cost, unless I can just call and ask how much it'd be. Don't know if they're that kind of yard or not that they can tell you over the phone. The one by me isn't, but a few people on my brothers Dodge Neon forum post the price list every so often, so I always know how much I'm looking at.
[/b][/quote]

hmm... the LKQ yards don't usually charge me much for interior trim pieces. They won't charge me for the dash emblem (or I'll just sneak it out) and the dash panel piece will probably be between $5-$10. Ten dollars would be a lot for them to charge me...

Shipping shouldn't be too much. I would just have to find a box from the mountain of boxes in our garage, and since the pieces don't weigh much, it shouldn't be much more than $5, if that...

I should be able to get out there on Wednesday. So, I'll let you know then if I was successful! :)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
You should try asking on SHOForum.com I haven't seen a Gen 1 SHO at the junkyard in ages.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (PURPL3H3YS @ Jun 1 2010, 02:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808313

[/b][/quote]

hmm... the LKQ yards don't usually charge me much for interior trim pieces. They won't charge me for the dash emblem (or I'll just sneak it out) and the dash panel piece will probably be between $5-$10. Ten dollars would be a lot for them to charge me...

Shipping shouldn't be too much. I would just have to find a box from the mountain of boxes in our garage, and since the pieces don't weigh much, it shouldn't be much more than $5, if that...

I should be able to get out there on Wednesday. So, I'll let you know then if I was successful! :)
[/b][/quote]

Sounds good. My yard didn't charge me for the buttons left attached to it, so like i said before, if you could grab the fog light button and the antenna one with it, that'd be even better.

Really appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
QUOTE (devinpitcher @ Jun 1 2010, 12:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808393
QUOTE (PURPL3H3YS @ Jun 1 2010, 02:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808313

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Sounds good. My yard didn't charge me for the buttons left attached to it, so like i said before, if you could grab the fog light button and the antenna one with it, that'd be even better.

Really appreciate it!
[/b][/quote]

I got it! B)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
QUOTE (SilverThunder @ Jun 3 2010, 02:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809019
QUOTE (Sean T. @ May 31 2010, 11:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808257
Nick (a.k.a. walking talking encyclopedia) says SHO's only had black int. 92-93.... but I'll grab what I can find.[/b]

False, 91's had black interior.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, that's BS .... I had a '90 that was black on black.

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
QUOTE (Firespirit @ Jun 3 2010, 06:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809064
QUOTE (SilverThunder @ Jun 3 2010, 02:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=809019
Nick (a.k.a. walking talking encyclopedia) says SHO's only had black int. 92-93.... but I'll grab what I can find.[/b]

False, 91's had black interior.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, that's BS .... I had a '90 that was black on black.
[/b][/quote]

Also true.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Yeah... went to the JY and there was a Gen 1 black interior SHO. haha... but the badge was gone :(

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just received the dash! Thank you again, PURPL3H3YS! Great doing business with you!
A few cosmetic issues (few scrapes in second picture, and some odd dents right of antenna buttons), but hey, it's cheap, it's used, and its from a 1991. I don't expect it to be perfect. :p

I will post pictures of it installed tomorrow, once I can get to my car. (It's at my dads at the moment. Still need insurance and plates :p)

Anybody have a badge, or know where I can get one? Color doesn't matter. Just funny how my thread became all about this dash. :D

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Context was Gen 2s at the time ;)

But yes, G1 SHOs also were black.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got it installed today!

Looks good! I wired up the fog lamps button to illuminate and got it grounded by splicing into the rear defroster button.
Now to just get some flog lamps on the front and wire 'em up!

As for the antenna buttons, I still need a pin out for them, and need to get a power antenna. I'm still unsure of all the wires and parts I need to grab, but I'll do it soon enough. As for now, it'll just do nothing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts