Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Ford Taurus with 211k miles. When I start my vehicle all of my dash lights will come on ABS, Parking brake, maintenance required, Check engine, you name it they all come on an all of my gauges quit working. Also it says “check charging system” an zeroes out my miles an everything else. It doesn’t effect how the vehicle drives at all the car runs fine it’s just extremely annoying. It does this intermittently while driving most of the time it happens for the whole duration of the drive. I’ve takin it to a ford dealership to only be charged an arm an a leg an have no response for what’s causing this. Now that being said my ignition cylinder falls out of the steering column it’s been like that for 2 years roughly an never seemed to be an issue but I’m starting to wonder if it is the issue or not? Could it be a bad ground? Faulty instrument cluster? Alternator? I’m just at a lost praying someone has an answer for me! I can post a video of the exact issue tomorrow. An thoughts or opinions I’d greatly appreciate. Thank you!!

·
Super Moderator
7,881 Posts
Sounds like a bad ground.

Any B, C or U series codes present?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying! I took it to an O’reillys an these are the codes that popped up.
U0155
U0100
B2290
U0073
P1260
I’m really starting to think it has to do with the ignition switch an cylinder. The cylinder isn’t set in place an you can just pull it out by hand which causes the P1260 code an then cause the anti- theft system to come on. Which makes me wonder if that’s what’s causing everything else to wit out? When I picked it up from the dealer the ignition cylinder was set in there an the car fired right up an acted normal all gauges were working no lights came on other then the check engine light. I drove it home 45 min with no issue then I got home pulled the ignition cylinder out an the gauges went out an some of the lights came on like ABS, parking brake, traction control, and check engine. So not all of them came on but a few did. What are your thoughts? Should I replace the ignition switch an cylinder? Do you think it could be the cause of the panel going crazy? Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts